Shady Taking What's There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady Taking What's There

Roob Frank just tweeted that in the first 3 games, Shady had 16 carries for negative yards but in the last 7 games, he's only had 14.

Clearly, his production is nowhere near what we expected, but it seems that the OL coming together has helped, but it's also nice to see him learn from what wasn't working and be more comfortable taking what's there.

Shady fell off. Blame whatever whoever, guy isn't the same, period.

Comment

Even still, he's on pace for 1,168 yards.

The problem is, as was the case with Foles, it was going to be hard to replicate just how good he was last year, so anything, even a potential 1,200 yard season, seems like he "fell off."

Him huffing and puffing about getting 2,000 yards didn't help either.

We both know, if they just throw the ball to Cooper more, all our problems (offensively AND defensively) will be solved.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 11-19-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Did you see the play he got "tackled" that was also a hold? Shady looks like shit man.

Comment

He doesn't look like Shady, but all I'm saying is, 1200 yards isn't a bad season normally, it's just not what we expected from him.

Comment

I think you are talking about the play Casey Matthews made on him when he was being blocked on the outside and he got him down with like two finger-tips while being held.

Comment

It's actually real bad. Who cares from a stats stat point, but knowing he is not effective is letting teams stop the pass as well. The elusive threat is gone, and teams know it.

Sorta like comparing Eli's int's (except niners game) yes they are down, but because he isn't airing it out anymore. He's playing it
              Safe, which let's the defense keep everything in front of them.

I really think last year was an anamoly for shady. He had great games in the ff era, but also a lot of games that 3rd n 1 you cringed.

I would like to see two tight end and two rb sets. Let some one chase sproles and and then block for
              McCoy. The genius of chips system last year was the unpredictability of it. Seems this year less teams are surprised.

Comment

Fagcity
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

No I was talking about the play that Clay Matthews made on him when he was being blocked on the outside and he got him down with like two finger-tips while being held.

Comment

Oh...I was way off....

Comment

I mean really what's the difference between Clay and Casey. Basically interchangeable

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        I mean really what's the difference between Clay and Casey. Basically interchangeable

Dna's probably close, right?

Comment

Dammit....didn't even realize it

Comment

There have been a number of plays that have blown up behind the line this year because of piss poor blocking but the Clay Matthews example others are listing is one of the things that has me more concerned than any numbers he's putting up.

Last year (and years past too), Shady had excellent balance and would need to be wrapped up to be brought down. This year, not even arm tackles...people getting a single hand on him alone, are bringing him down.

In that regard, he's not the same player as he has been the last few years. If that's because of an injury, or something else i don't know...but it certainly has nothing to do with blocking.

Comment

I thought this article was a good read.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...icism-is-lazy/

Comment

Working...
                              X