I really like Wroten and McDaniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Wroten and McDaniels

but its sad to watch what has become of this franchise.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I get the "together we build" stuff but for how long? How slow is the process? They're not even close to competing and I'm not overly confident in any of the pieces besides Embiid. I don't see MCW being top 10 in league at his position any time soon and that's not gonna cut it. Same with Noel.

You have to have dominating players in a few spots to go deep. So you're risking several years for the not so sure thing hope that these guys exceed expectations?

Let's not lose sight a young generation of budding basketball fans WILL root for out of town teams. The NBA is such an individually talent driven league that young kids will maybe never fully become sixers fans. I mean shit I've even become jaded and I grew up on Hersey, Barros, 'Spoon and all the other BS but enough is enough
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

I'm more excited by the Sixers right now than I have been since they won that first game against the Lakers in the championship. I like their strategy and I like the pieces they have so far. I trust the management and their direction.

I'm excited to see Noel develop. Guy has all the athleticism in the world. He will never be a scorer but he can be a dominant presence down low...But really needs to bulk up.

Anxious to see how Embiid shapes up. The ceiling is so high with him.

It's all exciting to me. The lack of expectation actually has me tuning in and enjoying the games more.

Comment

My favorite part of that Sixers era was Big Shot.

Noel, MCW, Saric and this year's Heat pick will have to be the big complimentary pieces, Embiid and this year's lottery pick will have to be the superstars.

That being said, I don't know if Hinkie views MCW as his long term PG anyway, already been trying hard to trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          My favorite part of that Sixers era was Big Shot.

Noel, MCW, Saric and this year's Heat pick will have to be the big complimentary pieces, Embiid and this year's lottery pick will have to be the superstars.

That being said, I don't know if Hinkie views MCW as his long term PG anyway, already been trying hard to trade him.
          Exactly. So what are they building? They're already trying to trade their foundation. Embiid could be a superstar. Could be. The rest is just as much a question mark.

I understand the theory. I would just feel a little better knowing they have a "can't miss"

Comment

You're more excited about an 0-15 team than a team that was up 1-0 in the NBA finals over Kobe and Shaq? Any idea how crazy that sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
              Exactly. So what are they building? They're already trying to trade their foundation. Embiid could be a superstar. Could be. The rest is just as much a question mark.

I understand the theory. I would just feel a little better knowing they have a "can't miss"
              After the sixers scoop up jahlil Parker, they will potentially have the best front court in a WHILE if embiid and Noel pan out... Okafor will be unreal in the nba

Comment

His last name is Okafor but please, tell me more in depth analysis about how we are replicating the 80s Celtics front court!

Comment

Dude...

the fans are still in their gear and going nuts for an 8-0 second quarter run. This is a basketball town that won't spend good money to watch this shit when there are six D-1 programs in town worth watching. (Yes, even Penn.)

Just horrible. Maybe ownership is looking to move the team to North Jersey. I don't get what's going on. In many ways this is worse than the 9-73 team.
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

I meant from every point past that moment to now. Not comparing now to that point in time. Thought that was obvious. "I'm more excited by the Sixers right now than I have been since they won that first game against the Lakers in the championship.

Comment

Working...
                    X