Stayed out of the Ferguson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stayed out of the Ferguson thread

you can split hairs all day about the various details of the case, but it really misses the bigger point. The entire thing is symptomatic of a much larger problem in this country.

We have an entire underclass of people with no opportunity or hope. The only people making living wages in these communities are the drug dealers. The schools are cash-starved and even the kids who want to study dont have the resources or the environment necessary to become educated.

Frankly I am surprised Ferguson didn't happen long ago and in multiple other places. Keep screaming at each other about Wilson and Brown. That's just a symptom of the larger issue.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I'm going to brine a turkey this year!

Comment

brine this

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      I'm going to brine a turkey this year!
      nm
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

You have some brine on your face.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          you can split hairs all day about the various details of the case, but it really misses the bigger point. The entire thing is symptomatic of a much larger problem in this country.

We have an entire underclass of people with no opportunity or hope. The only people making living wages in these communities are the drug dealers. The schools are cash-starved and even the kids who want to study dont have the resources or the environment necessary to become educated.

Frankly I am surprised Ferguson didn't happen long ago and in multiple other places. Keep screaming at each other about Wilson and Brown. That's just a symptom of the larger issue.
          I stay out of threads like those. I also stay away from fagayce book posts about sensitive subjects.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

So you start your own Ferguson thread about you not posting in the Ferguson thread. I understand now.

Comment

that's not what the post was about

responses like yours are also symptomatic of what I'm saying.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. Reading that thread made me pretty uncomfortable. Not to condone rioting, but the narrow belief systems of some people make it easy to see why there's a lot of anger in our country.

Comment

responses like yours are also symptomatic of what I'm saying.
                  "The only very marked difference between the average civilized man and
                  the average savage is that the one is gilded and the other is painted. "

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X