X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indeed

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Foles ... period
    20/29 and 205 yards and everyone's ready to anoint him the next Joe Montana because in one game he failed to commit a TO. If Fooles had a game with those stats everyone would be asking what's wrong with him.

God forbid they can't run the ball against Seattle. Really that game doesn't matter because Marinelli is going to overcommit to stopping the run in two weeks and Sanchez better be able to throw.
    DB

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
      Only need to look at last year. Rodgers suffered the same injury on 11/4 and came back on 12/29 for the last game and won it. Took Rodgers eight weeks but he came back and won. Too little too late in his case.

Foles injured on 11/2. My take is if the Eagles have nothing to play for on that last game (they will likely clinch the division before then) let Foles knock off some rust and decide later who starts in the playoffs.
      Jinxiest post ever... But I'm for foles... 100% wouldn't be too upset if they stuck to sanchez if he keeps winning
      Last edited by phillyeagles36; 11-28-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I agree with Mike Ditka - a starting QB should not lose his job because of an injury when he gets healthy.

Comment

"indeed"? That's the gayest response ever

nm
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

DQ's Therapist says that all the time

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            nm
            I just picked it up from her.
            DB

Comment

indeed!
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I go to group therapy for the chicks.

I agree with your post, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
                  I agree with Mike Ditka - a starting QB should not lose his job because of an injury when he gets healthy.
                  That makes sense for most positions on the team because they substitute so much. However, with the QB, it is not only his performance. He is a leader. He can breed confidence.

If the Eagles win two of the next three, are headed to the playoffs and Sanchez looks decent, how can you replace him so late in the season?

I'm a Foles fan; however, he is young and not proven. His amazing season last year was with a very healthy O line, D Jax stretching the field, and a different QB coach. No one knows how well he would play with this O Line, etc. I doubt he would play badly, but if it ain't broke....

Kelly seems to have been in love with what he saw when he studied Sanchez as a HS recruit.

If the Eagles win one of the next two and Sanchez looks decent, I would not be surprised if the Eagles quietly start to talk to Sanchez about next year's contract.

If Sanchez wants too much, the Eagles might go back to Foles in order to get a better feel for what Foles could do for them at a lower price.

Should the Eagles use this year as an opportunity to pick their QB of the future or try to go as deep as possible in the playoffs. I say the latter and that means sticking with the one who got you there.

Comment

Nailed it

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    Recent reports on Foles have not been optimistic. I suspect Sanchez plays out the season. If he gets them to the Championship game, it will be a tough battle next year. If he flames out, the decision will be simple.
                    Unless Sanchez looks awful and Foles is available, I'm not sure you pull him.

Comment

Working...
                    X