No announcement yet.

I think Sanchez has more fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying the GB is Sanchez' fault. I'm saying looking at his performance in that game. Do you want Sanchez slinging the ball around if the Eagles are 14+ down in a game?

Comment

Good point

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      I'm not saying the GB is Sanchez' fault. I'm saying looking at his performance in that game. Do you want Sanchez slinging the ball around if the Eagles are 14+ down in a game?
      The Riley Cooper yellfest showed me two things:

1. Sanchez is more of a natural leader, while Foles is the quiet type who would've said to Cooper later, "er, uh, well, that is, you were supposed to line up over there..." I hope Foles gets some of that fire in his belly too because no way Sanchez can toss the ball like Foles. With the caveat that Foles has thrown some real ducks this year.

2. Cooper's gotta go. He is as dumb as a rock and is petulant. FKKK.
      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        The Riley Cooper yellfest showed me two things:

1. Sanchez is more of a natural leader, while Foles is the quiet type who would've said to Cooper later, "er, uh, well, that is, you were supposed to line up over there..." I hope Foles gets some of that fire in his belly too because no way Sanchez can toss the ball like Foles. With the caveat that Foles has thrown some real ducks this year.

2. Cooper's gotta go. He is as dumb as a rock and is petulant. FKKK.
        I seem to remember Foles telling a referee he was pissed off earlier in the year. Nobody here would know that if he hadn't of been miked up.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't see the yellfest as something positive for Sanchez.

Sanchez does have strengths. He moves around the pocket very well and is a good out-of-pocket QB. The positive attitude and leadership blah blah ... whatever.

Bottom line. Sanchez is a game manager. He's not a slinging that can bring you back against the big slingers of the NFL.

Foles showed what his ceiling can be, and its enough to compete with the top shelf QB's.

Comment

I don't see the yellfest as something positive for Sanchez.
            Yelling is frequently not a sign of strength. Actually I don't read too much into that incident other than Sanchez went back to Cooper on the very next play and Cooper f'ed up.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agreed.

I'm not saying Sanchez- threw to Cooper running a shallow clearing route with two people on him and Cooper wasn't looking for the ball because there's no way he can extend the drive on 3rd down- just to make a point. I'm not saying that, but a QB could make a WR look bad that if he wanted to.

Comment

Yelling is good

Agreed.

I'm not saying Sanchez- threw to Cooper running a shallow clearing route with two people on him and Cooper wasn't looking for the ball because there's no way he can extend the drive on 3rd down- just to make a point. I'm not saying that, but a QB could make a WR look bad that if he wanted to.
                It shows who's in charge and unafraid to bring the whipping stick. But someone said Sanchez is essentially a game manager, and I agree. I just wish Foles had more fire.

FKKK
                DB

Comment

Most people love getting yelled at.

Sanchez plays a little quicker, whereas Foles likes to extend the plays. That part I get.

Comment

No, that's not obvious at all.

You want to focus on Foles' stumble this year ... others want to focus on Sanchez's ... there's no difference if that's all you focus on.

Remember, I'm the guy who touted Sanchez as a great backup signing in preseason ... specifically noting that the butt fumble was a bullshit bad rap and that he did a nice job when he had a defense and run game.

I think Foles has more upside ... and I want to see if he's the guy.

I know what Sanchez is and, while I think he could win it all if the stars align like they did for Noodle-Arm Johnson or Dilfer, I actually think Foles is the kind of guy who can go win the game for you if you need it.

Is it a lock?

No ... but I want to see if he's the guy.
                    Last edited by slag; 11-29-2014, 01:13 PM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - Foles took them down the field in crunch time in that Card game and, frankly, Kelly went HS Harry on the play calling in the redzone IMO.
                      Last edited by slag; 11-29-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

must agree with Slag.

Comment

I've still got fire coming out of my asshole from Thanksgiving.

Comment

I was being sarcastic

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            No, that's not obvious at all.

You want to focus on Foles' stumble this year ... others want to focus on Sanchez's ... there's no difference if that's all you focus on.

Remember, I'm the guy who touted Sanchez as a great backup signing in preseason ... specifically noting that the butt fumble was a bullshit bad rap and that he did a nice job when he had a defense and run game.

I think Foles has more upside ... and I want to see if he's the guy.

I know what Sanchez is and, while I think he could win it all if the stars align like they did for Noodle-Arm Johnson or Dilfer, I actually think Foles is the kind of guy who can go win the game for you if you need it.

Is it a lock?

No ... but I want to see if he's the guy.
                            I agree with everything you just said. Only thing I'm saying is based on this year's performance, I see no downgrade when Sancheese is in there
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Aaaight

Comment

Working...
                              X