What actually happened at Lambeau?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What actually happened at Lambeau?

Did Sanchez simply choke the chicken? Just a bad outing that snowballed? Still getting his feet wet as the starter with false bravado after Carolina?

Defense torched worse than all season, particularly the d-backs.

Worst special teams and coaching performances too.

Was it just one total bed-shitting rolled into one game? Or are the Birds just not good enough for a deep playoff run?

Only watched the second half of NE-Peckers, but I think GB can be had.

Hard to say, overall, what to expect as the regular season winds down but I guess that's why we watch.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Truly bad games happen to almost every team.

Pats got smoked by Andy's Chiefs. Broncos lost to the Rams. Packers barely beat the Jets, and should have at least gone to OT if Marty doesn't call a timeout.

I think it was just one of those days for the Eagles. Are the Pack a better all-around team? Probably, but I don't think they're 5 TDs better.

Comment

The Eagles were flat. Once in awhile, this happens.

Comment

A blowout of monumental proportions

Its rare to see any NFL team get smoked like that.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

they were beyond flat

they played like dogshit in every phase of the game and the coaching sucked too.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
            Its rare to see any NFL team get smoked like that.
            Like I said, the Cheatriots got destroyed by the Chiefs on national TV, 41-14. Brady looked horrible. New England sports fans were calling for Bill's firing. Their D gave up 450 yards.

They've been great ever since.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 12-01-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Just a bad outing that snowballed?
              Ball bounced our way that day.

One example - GB had a bad snap that flew past Rodgers, but bounced into his hands for the easy recovery
              Eagles had a bad snap that eluded Sanchez, bounced into Casey Haywards' hands and he returned it for a 70 yard TD

There were several other similar "bounces" that day. It happens

Comment

There was also a dreadful no call on the first series where Sanchez got helmet to helmet contact. That would have been a first down on a series that was previously moving along rather well. Instead of points, it was a punt and the 3 point hole the Eagles were in became a 10 point hole.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  There was also a dreadful no call on the first series where Sanchez got helmet to helmet contact. That would have been a first down on a series that was previously moving along rather well. Instead of points, it was a punt and the 3 point hole the Eagles were in became a 10 point hole.

This and a field that it seemed only GB could get a footing on, and the rest was down hill from there.

Comment

Combination of things. I think the two biggest things were Sanchez getting pummeled early (particularly that shot to the head on the first series) and a bad scheme by Davis. The only way you can have a shot against Rodgers IMO is to get after him.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure I see anyone beating that team in Lambeau. They look unstoppable at home right now.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

that's a great point

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Combination of things. I think the two biggest things were Sanchez getting pummeled early (particularly that shot to the head on the first series) and a bad scheme by Davis. The only way you can have a shot against Rodgers IMO is to get after him.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure I see anyone beating that team in Lambeau. They look unstoppable at home right now.
                      Sanchez was not the same after that hit. A tribute to his toughness to go on, but his bell was seriously rung.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

GB didn't punt until the 3rd Q

D was miserable.

Yet something tells me the pack peaked too early. we'll see
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                          Yet something tells me the pack peaked too early. we'll see
                          That definitely happened in 2011 and it cost GB down the stretch.
                          I doubt its the case this time around as GB actually has some defense and a running game to lean on... and they haven't peaked yet.

Good luck kicking some seahawk ass this weekend

Comment

Simple IG, any given Sunday.

Did Sanchez simply choke the chicken? Just a bad outing that snowballed? Still getting his feet wet as the starter with false bravado after Carolina?

Defense torched worse than all season, particularly the d-backs.

Worst special teams and coaching performances too.

Was it just one total bed-shitting rolled into one game? Or are the Birds just not good enough for a deep playoff run?

Only watched the second half of NE-Peckers, but I think GB can be had.

Hard to say, overall, what to expect as the regular season winds down but I guess that's why we watch.
                            ....the better team won that day.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                            X