Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't take a guy in a Star Trek suit serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't take a guy in a Star Trek suit serious.

So I bought a guitar and I am checking out youtube for some instructional videos and I come across this clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR-wcOpS3qI
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Ask Jess if she's available for instructions

Comment

Now that I'd take serious if she was in Star Trek suit, or any other one for that matter.

Robin Williams

Comment

Hey Bud what did you get?

Congrats on taking up an Instrument, what kind of Guitar?,,when your ready just say so,,Fly by night should be a fun one to learn you Canuk!
        Last edited by TRENT; 12-02-2014, 05:47 PM.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Got a Takamine ES363 . Something I have wanted to do for a long time and decided to try now. Getting the chords at this point. I don't have great small motor skills and I have thick sasuage fingers so its been fun so far.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
            Got a Takamine ES363 . Something I have wanted to do for a long time and decided to try now. Getting the chords at this point. I don't have great small motor skills and I have thick sasuage fingers so its been fun so far.
            I gave that a shot years ago and couldn't overcome the frustration of not being able to tell my fingers to go to certain spots BUT

I found one of the easiest songs to start out with, if you like America, is "Horse with no name"
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Nice,,3 piece back with a maple strip in the Middle

electric acoustic with a cut away...I found a guy In New Hampshire who was selling Alverex B stock..got a nice midsized Cutaway OM acoustic for under $300. My advice is to start small,,enjoy the learning process and learn simple songs to start...Wish you were here or house of the rising sun are good slow songs to start with..Bad moon rising is a good start for the A D G Progressions,,,like 6000 songs written with those 3 chords..

Go on Ultimate guitar tabs .com

get the chords for the Animals house of the rising sun..those are some basic chords you can pick through..
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

ultimate guitar tabs is great

I also have an older version of this (guitar pro 5):

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

You can print out the tabs and also hear how it's supposed to sound (well sort of)
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Its a great site..if I had what these kids have today

when I was 14,,,,,holy shit,,,what we had to go through to get tabs or learn a song from the album,,,its just another world now!

in early 80's we would build casset decks that played at half speed so we could learn the tougher songs by ear.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                    Ask Jess if she's available for instructions
                    Wait... She was playing a guitar!?!?
                    Last edited by ThreeHeadedMonster; 12-02-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

At first you'll find strumming in time the harder part, then the fingering will seem tougher. At some point, some changes will become unconscious. When you get bored playing your first song and start playing another one by ear, you're hooked for the rest of your life.

Don't give up too early--the rewards are endless, even if no one ever hears you play.
                      WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                      - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                      - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                        electric acoustic with a cut away...I found a guy In New Hampshire who was selling Alverex B stock..got a nice midsized Cutaway OM acoustic for under $300. My advice is to start small,,enjoy the learning process and learn simple songs to start...Wish you were here or house of the rising sun are good slow songs to start with..Bad moon rising is a good start for the A D G Progressions,,,like 6000 songs written with those 3 chords..

Go on Ultimate guitar tabs .com

get the chords for the Animals house of the rising sun..those are some basic chords you can pick through..

I got the acoustic electric so I could use the PS3 with Rocksmith to help me. I have a friend that is a very good guitar player who is going to give me lessons as well. Always wanted to play just never took the plunge. I have lots of time in the winter to work on it. Just kind of worried about simple chording right now. It isn't easy....

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          in early 80's we would build cassette decks that played at half speed so we could learn the tougher songs by ear.
                          Holy crap Trent, that's effing awesome

Comment

Working...
                          X