Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of funny how the holdout Chip haters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of funny how the holdout Chip haters...

...have abandoned their old "he cant adapt to the pros" argument without acknowledgement they were dead wrong, and jumped on the "he's leaving for a college job" theory. Which is even MORE dumb.

Name me an NFL head coach who was successful at the time of a jump from the pros back to college.

I can name you quite a few failed NFL guys who went back....or guys who were on the down cycle. But name me somebody who chucked it for college when he was doing well in the NFL.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Well, there's......

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    ...have abandoned their old "he cant adapt to the pros" argument without acknowledgement they were dead wrong, and jumped on the "he's leaving for a college job" theory. Which is even MORE dumb.

Name me an NFL head coach who was successful at the time of a jump from the pros back to college.

I can name you quite a few failed NFL guys who went back....or guys who were on the down cycle. But name me somebody who chucked it for college when he was doing well in the NFL.
    Okay, there's that coach who.....

Well I remember when that one coach......

And then there's the one who......

Ah, forget it.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

You expect someone on this bored to tell you they were wrong? Good luck with that. LOL
      Last edited by Eagle Road; 12-03-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Honestly not sure what else anyone could want from a coach in his second year with the team. Marcus Smith notwithstanding, players drafted and brought in through free agency and trades have generally done well. Guys Andy drafted are playing better than ever. The team plays at warp speed and appears to be in fantastic shape -- clearly something to this sports science business. He's made a few annoying play calls, sure, but nobody gets them all right. He's constantly trying to adapt and improve every aspect of the team during the week and during games, and it seems to be working. A breath of fresh air after Andy's obstinate ways, to say the least.

And oh yeah, they're 9-3. Nicely done, High School Harry.

Comment

I think the only people, at this point, who do not believe Chip is a very good coach are Ref, Anthony and Coach Ted. That bodes very well for the Eagles and Chip Kelly.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

When Chipah loses...

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I think the only people, at this point, who do not believe Chip is a very good coach are Ref, Anthony and Coach Ted. That bodes very well for the Eagles and Chip Kelly.
            I hate him. When he wins, I think he's the greatest. Is there a problem with that?

Did you see the IU game last night? Not bad, but not sure how good Pitt is this year.
            DB

Comment

My wife had Cuse on most of the time, but I caught parts of it. How in the world did they lose to Eastern Michigan??
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

three ball

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                My wife had Cuse on most of the time, but I caught parts of it. How in the world did they lose to Eastern Michigan??
                lights out
                DB

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
                  Honestly not sure what else anyone could want from a coach in his second year with the team. Marcus Smith notwithstanding, players drafted and brought in through free agency and trades have generally done well. Guys Andy drafted are playing better than ever. The team plays at warp speed and appears to be in fantastic shape -- clearly something to this sports science business. He's made a few annoying play calls, sure, but nobody gets them all right. He's constantly trying to adapt and improve every aspect of the team during the week and during games, and it seems to be working. A breath of fresh air after Andy's obstinate ways, to say the least.

Amen.

Comment

I thought we were at "can't win the big game"

Comment

Agree 100%

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post

The strength of last year's team has taken a huge hit this year, and he still has managed to create a winner.

He won in his first year and is winning in his second......good stuff.
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                      X