Dick Allen AKA Richie misses HOF by one vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Allen AKA Richie misses HOF by one vote

Veterans committee special vote come up one shy for my alltime fave Phillie position player.

SUCKS!!!

Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

That's a bummer. He's one of my dad's favorites, too.

My dad loves to tell the story of how he'd write "trade me" in the dirt while playing the field.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

It's a tragedy.A whole lot more deserving than guys already in

Who else hit one out of Connie Mack?

No one, that's who.

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

That can't be true. I saw Vada Pinson hit one out of Connie Mack over the right field wall when I was nine. Or so I thought. My first live major league game. Richie Allen was suspended for the Trade Me episode.

Comment

Yes, it's true

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          That can't be true. I saw Vada Pinson hit one out of Connie Mack over the right field wall when I was nine. Or so I thought. My first live major league game. Richie Allen was suspended for the Trade Me episode.
          Many were hit over the left field wall, but only one cleared the left field wall.

Actually left center.
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Boooooooo
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'll never forget my first Phillies game at Connie Mack ('67 or '68) when Richie came to the plate for the first time and he was greeted by a 50/50 mix of boos and cheers. It quickly turned into everyone cheering when he hit a shot off the top of the big scoreboard in right-center. It turned out to be a slugfest against the Reds with the Phils being on the short end of an 18-16 (or 19-17) thriller.

Comment

Guys...check this video out

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                Many were hit over the left field wall, but only one cleared the left field wall.

Actually left center.
                Allen hit them out of there quite a few times. I personally remember one disappearing OVER the Coke sign on the left field roof and it was still on its upward trajectory.

I know he's the only guy to hit one out to dead center, the deepest part of the park, and this vid tells of him hitting one OVER the Ballantine scoreboard.

I like the one here off Koufax at Dodger Stadium. Sandy almost gets whiplash watching it leave Chavez Ravine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoP0OZ8mZX4
                Last edited by Irish George; 12-09-2014, 08:19 PM.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

OUTSTANDING!

I can't stop saying (c), "he had a big bat and a radical mind"

Comment

Working...
                  X