Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody watch SOA??

...whatcha think about last night?
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

I thought it was a very predictable ending, but then again, there wasn't any other way they could have ended it.

However, if you ever watched any of the after shows, man, Kurt Sutter really thinks he's quite the genius. The way he describes the show, you'd think he was Shakespeare instead of a guy who just wrote a story about bikers based on a Shakespeare work.

Comment

I couldn't tell if we was high or drunk

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      I thought it was a very predictable ending, but then again, there wasn't any other way they could have ended it.

However, if you ever watched any of the after shows, man, Kurt Sutter really thinks he's quite the genius. The way he describes the show, you'd think he was Shakespeare instead of a guy who just wrote a story about bikers based on a Shakespeare work.
      ...but the guy just couldn't put two sentences together...sloppy, I watched for a while then went to bed.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I agree with Sect...It had to end like that. Really just no other way. But I left feeling disappointed and unsatisfied. It did tie up pretty much all the loose ends though...And it all tied in to the history. All the way down to him going through almost exactly what his Dad did, coming to the understanding of what his Dad went through, and how he spiraled out of control to a place he couldn't come back from..Choosing to go out in a way that preserved all that he loved, sacrificing himself.

It kind of left the door open to something else in the future though with Abel holding that ring.

I wish the storyline leading up to the end was a little better. It got pretty far fetched at times. And it led to this ending that was wholly predictable and unsatisfying.

Comment

SPOILERS:

How bout how the last visual of Jax is him riding to his death with his arms spread like Jesus. He was dying for SAMCRO's sins. Then, there's crows (get it, a crow and samCRO?!?!?!) eating bread and the blood of Jax comes into the picture like wine. Pretty subtle by Sutter.

I'm also 99% sure that Sutter forgot about wrapping up the August Marks and Barosky story lines and was like "SHIT! Gotta have these guys die!" So he quickly wrote two scenes where Jax shoots them. No build up, nothing.

Comment

Yeah the subtle details that make you think are what made the show. And the character development. But what detracted from it are a lot of the scenes lacked detail or build up...And seemed quickly thrown it to close up a loose end, very anticlimactic. That and some of the episodes and the shit they got away with were just too far fetched.

Comment

I was being facetious. There was nothing subtle about that ending, that episode or any episode really.

I had a serious hate/love relationship with that show. It was so trashy and over the top that I couldn't look away.

Comment

Yep, subtle as a club

SPOILERS:

How bout how the last visual of Jax is him riding to his death with his arms spread like Jesus. He was dying for SAMCRO's sins. Then, there's crows (get it, a crow and samCRO?!?!?!) eating bread and the blood of Jax comes into the picture like wine. Pretty subtle by Sutter.

I'm also 99% sure that Sutter forgot about wrapping up the August Marks and Barosky story lines and was like "SHIT! Gotta have these guys die!" So he quickly wrote two scenes where Jax shoots them. No build up, nothing.
                ..I got a feeling Sutter's energy was diverted by his new project and the last few episodes lead to pretty much extra blah stuff and fast resolutions.

Comment

To be honest

I was being facetious. There was nothing subtle about that ending, that episode or any episode really.

I had a serious hate/love relationship with that show. It was so trashy and over the top that I couldn't look away.
                  ..I haven't been able to closely watch, I enjoyed the premise, but thought Sutter jumped the shark several seasons ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X