3 and 3 with your backup QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 and 3 with your backup QB

Is really what you would hope to get in this league. If they go 11-5 or even 10-6 with Sanchez responsible for half the game it is a miracle.
    Last edited by 1960; 12-15-2014, 12:53 AM.

I feel bad for the DL since they're saddled with Fletcher and Williams. I'm so sick and tired of watching those two stiffs running behind WR's without turning their heads around. It's maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
      I feel bad for the DL since they're saddled with Fletcher and Williams. I'm so sick and tired of watching those two stiffs running behind WR's without turning their heads around. It's maddening.
      Definitely a "team" killer. If there isn't an obvious attempt to improve the most glaring issues next offseason, Chip loses the locker room.
      WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
      - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
      - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

And they can not defend a slant pattern. Their scheme is to hold and hope the refs don't throw a flag.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
          Fletcher turns around too early and can't make up ground when he's beaten by a step. When the receiver turns is when you make up ground if you're trailing. So he gets beat. Happened on the second and third TD catches.

Williams just never fucking looks at all and runs into the receiver for a penalty.

Comment

Not defending the current CBs but I never understood this "defender has to look at the ball" shit. I remember guys being lauded because they could make plays "just looking at the receiver's eyes."
            Last edited by Coal Reigoner; 12-15-2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coal Reigoner View Post
              Not defending the current CBs but I never understood this "defender has to look at the ball" shit. I remember guys being lauded because they could make plays "just looking at the receiver's eyes."
              Well, you used to get away with more contact. Now you've got to get your head around.

Cover guys should be trying to track the ball, but when you turn too early you're generally not going up to make up ground on the receiver if the ball is well-placed. Only really works to look early if it's a bad throw and you've got a chance for the pick.

I've understood the rule of thumb for trailing coverage was to keep your head down and run to your man while he's tracking the ball. Then when his hands go up you look. I've also been told that you can play blind by getting a hand up between the receiver's hands when you nsee his eyes get big. But that's the recipie for a penalty.

Comment

Working...
              X