Confidential(c) to slaggo........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential(c) to slaggo........

I felt from the time it happened last night; Smith was the real culprit, not Huff.

I can't recall seeing too many plays as bone headed as that.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Can't argue with that

and IE has a point,,I think that kick was meant to be short.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

It was clusterfuck either way....

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
      I felt from the time it happened last night; Smith was the real culprit, not Huff.

I can't recall seeing too many plays as bone headed as that.
      ...horrible that no one tried to take the ball.....poor lack of awareness for a squad that was suppose to be a strength.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Huff was 5 yards deep in the endzone in front of where we were sitting ... it's up receiver's ball.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          ...horrible that no one tried to take the ball.....poor lack of awareness for a squad that was suppose to be a strength.
          The replay is up at NFL.com. Smith turned to Huff immediately, told him to take the ball and then started blocking. Huff was hesitant or he could have caught it on the run. It was in the air awhile. Huff started five yards deep and the ball landed at the 15. Wind could have been a factor like Kelly said. You can fault Smith's decision but he wasn't sleeping. Or you can fault Huff for not running hard from the start to the short kick.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

What I mean about awareness was not sleeping

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            The replay is up at NFL.com. Smith turned to Huff immediately, told him to take the ball and then started blocking. Huff was hesitant or he could have caught it on the run. It was in the air awhile. Huff started five yards deep and the ball landed at the 15. Wind could have been a factor like Kelly said. You can fault Smith's decision but he wasn't sleeping. Or you can fault Huff for not running hard from the start to the short kick.
            ..can fault both...1).Huff should have yelled for help if he didn't think he could reach the ball.

2) Smith should have noticed the potential for Huff being too far away and taken the lead....

The ball hitting the ground should have never happened....that's football 101, you learn that rule in the basic backyard game.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Huff put the blame on himself but most players generally will.
              Except Riley Cooper.

Smith was the up-man on the play and could have fielded the
              kickoff, which sailed right past him, but Huff said he didn’t properly
              communicate to Smith that he should field the ball.

“I was trying to get up there, but I was just too far back,” Huff said
              after the game. “I tried to do what I could, but I couldn’t get
              there.”

When the returner can’t get there, he’s supposed to communicate to the
              up man to try to make a play.

As it was, Smith ran right past the ball as he looked for someone to block.

“It all falls on me at the end,” Huff said. “As a returner back there,
              I’m supposed to be communicating. I’m supposed to be making the
              calls.”
              http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...t-all-falls-me

Comment

Huff is rookie, next time he will be wiser...

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                Huff put the blame on himself but most players generally will.
                Except Riley Cooper.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...t-all-falls-me
                ....unlike Reid, Chip is willing to put rookies out there and pay the dumb tax.

Given a little time I can see Huff taking Coop's spot, I loved the way he ran on that 3rd & long conversion....he runs angry..almost like a RB.

I can't speak for Cooper, don't fully understand the intangibles, but the lack of performance/ drop off can't be overlooked...like him or not that part shouldn't be ignored.

Comment

Kelly press conference today (which I read AFTER every post I wrote on this):

"The up back should have taken it."

"Josh was too deep for him to field the kick"

In answer to whether they are supposed to communicate he said yes followed by: "Brad is an experienced guy ... that's why we have Brad in that situation"

If that doesn't translate from coach speak to "Smith fucked the fuck up" I don't know what does.

You gonna blame Huff for not communicating there?

Have at it.
                  Last edited by slag; 12-15-2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Read all my posts please.

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Kelly press conference today (which I read AFTER every post I wrote on this):

"The up back should have taken it."

"Josh was too deep for him to field the kick"

In answer to whether they are supposed to communicate he said yes followed by: "Brad is an experienced guy ... that's why we have Brad in that situation"

If that doesn't translate from coach speak to "Smith fucked the fuck up" I don't know what does.

You gonna blame Huff for not communicating there?

Have at it.
                    Nm

Comment

I wasn't really focusing on you ... bit of igitis there ... although you did malign Huff's wisdom level a tad.
                      Last edited by slag; 12-15-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I did I did..

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        I wasn't really focusing on you ... bit of igitis there ... although you did malign Huff's wisdom level a tad.
                        ....will never know what was passing through his mind..or what if anything was spoken when the ball was in the air.

But, nonetheless , he is part of the return team, he bares some small responsibility...if he did speak and alert Smith to take the ball and Smith ignored him them then its entirely on Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          ....will never know what was passing through his mind..or what if anything was spoken when the ball was in the air.

But, nonetheless , he is part of the return team, he bares some small responsibility...if he did speak and alert Smith to take the ball and Smith ignored him them then its entirely on Smith.
                          Of course Huff should have communicated. Can't have too much of that.

But I can see the point that the veteran Smith should have taken control of the situation with or without communication.

Comment

It seemed to me that Kelly indicated that communication responsibilities notwithstanding, Smith should have recognized that Huff was too deep and, thus, should not have taken a chance on a live ball by making sure he covered it himself.

Comment

I was typing when you posted ... and you stated exactly what I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X