Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole broke his hand

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...brandon-graham

ACcording to a report from Howard Eskin (and also reported by Jeff McLane), Eagles starting outside linebacker Trent Cole suffered a broken hand during Philadelphia 37-28 loss to the Cowboys on Sunday night. Eskin reports that Cole may need surgery and might miss the Eagles' Week 16 game against the Washington Redskins. McLane notes that Cole's status for the rest of the season is uncertain.
    sorry if already posted.

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    I am a little baffled by this, he and Demarco Murray broke their hands, CSN say's Cole is probably done for the season and Murray may play this weekend ? wouldn't it be tougher for a RB to play that a linebacker. How come Cole can not play with the cast on, I remember last year Clay Matthews did it.

Comment

not a doctor but I'm guessing

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      I am a little baffled by this, he and Demarco Murray broke their hands, CSN say's Cole is probably done for the season and Murray may play this weekend ? wouldn't it be tougher for a RB to play that a linebacker. How come Cole can not play with the cast on, I remember last year Clay Matthews did it.
      there are dozens, if not hundreds of individual bones in the hand. Some are more critical than others in terms of playing football.

there are dozens, if not hundreds of degrees of fractures. Some injuries are more severe than others. The term "broken hand" is not one size fits all.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        there are dozens, if not hundreds of individual bones in the hand. Some are more critical than others in terms of playing football.

there are dozens, if not hundreds of degrees of fractures. Some injuries are more severe than others. The term "broken hand" is not one size fits all.
        I could see this as the end of Cole here with his cap numbers. Graham has arguably outplayed him this year and they may actually extend him. It depends how much 4-3 teams want him.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

its ok we have marcus smith the deuces

Comment

lol not quite hundreds

Comment

Here's the deal from what I heard:

Cole is going to have surgery to repair the fracture. They are going to put some sort of metal fixation (could be a pin or plate) in the bone to stabilize the fracture.

This means he won't need a cast to stabilize the fracture. But it also means they will have to make an incision to put the fixation in. Playing football with an incision like that on the hand has a high risk of infection and infection is the last thing you want after surgery.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Where'd you hear that bull?
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                X