• Twatkins gets a full SI feature...

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/17/danny-...elphia-eagles/

Summation:

“Danny Watkins was born to be a firefighter.”

Just read that.. FO did a terrible job with that pick

Wonder what Smith III should be doing besides football

Comment

40 out of 50

On the Wonderlic. Too bad one of the questions wasn't "do you want to play football?"

Comment

Vince lombardi said he wanted players obsessed with football and he would vet guys out to make sure they didnt have any other substantial outside interests (with the exception of religion)

This article made me think back to how Reid took the opposite approach by placing a premium on guys with more natural talent but a littany of off field interests.

In addition to the firefighter reid had the childish, twitter obsessed, man child offensive lineman who got his michael phelps on, the qb who seemed strangely preocccpied with media (he now poses as a columnist, studio analyst AND color guy) and the hip hop obsessed wanna be gangster who plays wr when he isnt hurt.

Who knows but hopefully the chip kelly area will be remembered for players who were singularly focused on being great football players.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Don't forget Reno Mahe

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
          Vince lombardi said he wanted players obsessed with football and he would vet guys out to make sure they didnt have any other substantial outside interests (with the exception of religion)

This article made me think back to how Reid took the opposite approach by placing a premium on guys with more natural talent but a littany of off field interests.

In addition to the firefighter reid had the childish, twitter obsessed, man child offensive lineman who got his michael phelps on, the qb who seemed strangely preocccpied with media (he now poses as a columnist, studio analyst AND color guy) and the hip hop obsessed wanna be gangster who plays wr when he isnt hurt.

Who knows but hopefully the chip kelly area will be remembered for players who were singularly focused on being great football players.

He enjoyed wiping down tables and giving patrons free chips and salsa before meals way too much.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

And didn't he bring in a downhill skier too be our punt returner? I can't remember, I was drinking heavily then.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
            X