Really the Eagles dug their own grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really the Eagles dug their own grave

And that comes down to Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly.

Stupid decisions in the offseason (first round panic pick) comes down to Roseman.

Collapse of the team late in the season comes down to Kelly.

Of course it's not completely cut and dried. Both of these guys have an influence on the other. It's a toxic stew.

I forgot to mention Lurie. He seems to be staying out of things but he hired Roseman and Kelly.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    And that comes down to Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly.

Stupid decisions in the offseason comes down to Roseman.

Of course it's not completely cut and dried. Both of these guys have an influence on the other. It's a toxic stew.

I forgot to mention Lurie. He seems to be staying out of things but he hired Roseman and Kelly.
    I think you are right about where the blame lies. The question is, is there anything to do about it? I still have faith in Kelly, Roseman I could take or leave. He has had a few too many questionable draft picks and getting nothing for Jackson was hard to swallow. Forget what this team would have been like if they kept him, imagine the middle scenario where we got at least another 2nd round pick this year that could have contributed. This team was CLOSE to being very good. Every mistake counts.
    Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 12-21-2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I'd be interested in finding out why the team collapsed this year.

Like you, I am far more interested in giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt than Roseman.

The way the team collapsed does disturb me, though.

I'm worried that Roseman may be Banner, Jr.

I think Banner maximized the "moneyball" crap with respect to the NFL a number of years ago.

Problem with his method was his personality He treated everything as an asset. Players are people. The Eagles are not an Insurance Company.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Like you, I am far more interested in giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt than Roseman.

I think Banner maximized the "moneyball" crap with respect to the NFL a number of years ago.

Problem with his method was his personality He treated everything as an asset. Players are people. The Eagles are not an Insurance Company.
        Sanchez and the shitty defense caused the collapse.. Billy Davis went from being a psycho maniac in thanksgiving to a soft mo'fer the next time philly played Dallas and it costed them. They don't have receivers. Cooper is dreadful. Sanchez sucked. Foles isn't joe Montana but him being hurt conpletely screwed this offense in the long run.

Comment

What could Bruce Arians have done with this roster?
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

reading twitter last night

[QUOTE=IronEagle;1791392]And that comes down to Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly.

Stupid decisions in the offseason (first round panic pick) comes down to Roseman.

I forgot to mention Lurie. He seems to be staying out of things but he hired Roseman and Kelly.[/QUOTE

Eagles spin has already started protecting Roseman: 2012 AND 2013 were Roseman drafts and Kelly made the picks in this last draft: I need to find the tweet, but I think the Marcus Smith pick was a reach looking for a Dion Jordan type of player. How fucking clueless this organization is Spardo is talking "killer instinct" and "protecting the ball" as reasons for team failures.

Comment

Sanchez and Barkley aren't here because of Roseman.

The 13 penalties and general lack of interest and discipline we saw yesterday with the playoffs on the line wasn't the result of roseman's inability to motivate.

The absurd time of possession difference against ...Seattle, Dallas isn't the result of a scheme that Roseman designed.
              Last edited by CCPete; 12-21-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I think just the opposite. Roseman is not the problem, Kelly is. It was Howie who gave Jackson his nice contract before Kelly even got here. Roseman knew Jackson is a serious NFL talent and paid him accordingly. Jackson was NOT overpaid. It was Kelly who fucked the whole thing up by forcing his release. Roseman's hands were tied. It wasn't about the money that Roseman just negotiated for the player. Jackson responded with his best ever season after they gave him that money.

Pin the blame where it belongs. Squarely on the shoulders of High School Harry. And then he hires one of the worst defensive coordinators in the league with a history of being one of the worst in the league. What did he expect? Davis was somehow going to be great here? Castillo was just as good.

Comment

What are you talking about? Head coach doesn't even matter.

Comment

Working...
                  X