No announcement yet.

Mark Eckel's 5 step plan to get Marcus Mariota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and does anyone in their right mind think that Wilson can sling the ball 40-50 times for the win? ... and consistently?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Please ... the Seahawks offense doesn't score like the Eagles. In fact it sucks sufficiently that it needs Wilson to run more than he should.

That offense loses Lynch and they are truly fucked.

If Wilson continues to run like he does, his ass will be on the sideline before long.

Enough with the read option ... this ain't college ... you can use it here and there .. it's nice to have ... but it's not essential like you're trying to make it out.

And I really don't see why Kelly can't put together a good defense aside from you declaring it so.
      And I don't see any reason he can other than you declaring it. So what.

Yes, you can only use the read option in spots in the NFL but you still need a mobile QB to do it. It's a great threat to have in your back pocket. Frozen footed Foles is the guy who got hurt, not Wilson. And the Seahawks already have one Lombardi in the trophy case.

Whatever you think Kelly can accomplish with the defense, the question is what quarterbacks should be on the roster next season. Are you voting for Foles, Moe and Curly? Kelly hasn't committed to Foles yet.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The NFL will catch up to Wilson faster than it will to Luck.
        Too late now. Wilson already crossed the finish line with the gold. In good position for another one.

You're comparing Foles to Luck?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          And I don't see any reason he can other than you declaring it. So what.

Yes, you can only use the read option in spots in the NFL but you still need a mobile QB to do it. It's a great threat to have in your back pocket. Frozen footed Foles is the guy who got hurt, not Wilson. And the Seahawks already have one Lombardi in the trophy case.

Whatever you think Kelly can accomplish with the defense, the question is what quarterbacks should be on the roster next season. Are you voting for Foles, Moe and Curly? Kelly hasn't committed to Foles yet.
          I have no problem with them drafting a qb to challenge foles. If he steps up great. If he does and the other guy beats him...awesome...but please don't say that wilson won the superbowl. That defense did... and its an alltime defense. If that d isn't that amazing.... they lose to the saints last year.

I like wilson...a great deal...but saying "he has a ring" almost negates that d.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah, and I'm also against children getting fresh air because I don't want them playing in traffic.

You are hands down the champion of using strawmen and non sequiturs on this board.

Congratulations.
            Last edited by slag; 12-26-2014, 09:28 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You don't huh?

But you say the Seahawks Super Bowl victory is proof that the mobile qb is the answer, instead of good defense?

Seriously?

PS - I have no problem with Kelly getting another qb in a later round to compete with Foles and/or replace the backups.
              Last edited by slag; 12-26-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

It's as simple as this:

If you could pick just one as a replacement for the other ... would you take Wilson to replace Foles or the Seahawks defense to replace the Eagles' defense?

EDITED TO ADD: Shit, it's the same answer if I wrote Wilson or the Seahawk secondary.
                Last edited by slag; 12-26-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  you do know this guy was selected, nurtured and coached by Chip Kelly, right?
                  What the fuck are you talking about? Getting Mariota would be the one thing that high school dickhead could do right!

He's not winning anything without a franchise quarterback. Nothing else matters in the long run, so sell the farm. The sooner the better. Who gives a fuck about first round draft picks when they turn out like Marcus Smith and Danny Watkins? Trade a bunch of those to move up if you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    Off topic.

I have an argument with a friend all the time regarding Wilson. He thinks Wilson is better than Luck. I appreciate the things that Wilson can do, but come on!
                    Andrew Luck is overrated. Some consider him the most overrated player in the NFL.

Comment

Mariota will be a bust in the NFL.

I HOPE the Eagles get him.

Comment

But you say the Seahawks Super Bowl victory is proof that the mobile qb is the answer, instead of good defense?
                        No. I'm saying the Eagles should use a top three pick on a quarterback. Foles is a coin flip to me. I think you like him more than I do. But as you are fond of pointing out, nobody knows. If Foles busts and they don't have a replacement in the pipeline, Kelly will only have two seasons left on his contract and no QB. Tricky spot.

I think a mobile QB is an advantage Kelly could exploit but certainly not a guarantee of a Super Bowl.

Pete Carroll is a former defensive coordinator and defensive back coach. I don't think incredible defense is Kelly's path to the Super Bowl. However I completely agree that they have to improve the defense. Using one pick on a QB won't prevent that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                          I would look at Kevin Hogan from Stanford.
                          Hogan sucks?

Comment

Oh Jesus Take The Wheel! ... and Sanchez is a Hot Hand?

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                            Andrew Luck is overrated. Some consider him the most overrated player in the NFL.
                            Look hard enough on the internet and you'll find anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                              Look hard enough on the internet and you'll find anything you want.
                              What does Sanchez being anything have to do with Andrew Luck being overrated? Many people agree about Luck on or off the internet. I didn't say Luck sucked. But he is 1-2 in the playoffs, and in both losses he was historically bad. He has 8 playoff INT's in three games. Completion percentage barely above 50 percent. QB rating atrocious.

The jury is still out on him whether he's going to be another Aaron Rodgers or not. Looks more like a Matt Ryan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                                No. I'm saying the Eagles should use a top three pick on a quarterback. Foles is a coin flip to me. I think you like him more than I do. But as you are fond of pointing out, nobody knows. If Foles busts and they don't have a replacement in the pipeline, Kelly will only have two seasons left on his contract and no QB. Tricky spot.

I think a mobile QB is an advantage Kelly could exploit but certainly not a guarantee of a Super Bowl.

Pete Carroll is a former defensive coordinator and defensive back coach. I don't think incredible defense is Kelly's path to the Super Bowl. However I completely agree that they have to improve the defense. Using one pick on a QB won't prevent that.
                                Sensible. Too bad they wasted the first pick in the 4th round (almost a third rounder) on a QB who isn't even good enough for garbage time, apparently.
                                Last edited by The Ref; 12-27-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X