Still can't believe tomorrow is our last game this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can't believe tomorrow is our last game this season

I can't remember a bigger swing in mood over the last month of a season.

So many issues to address as well. Wonder if there will be any "trade up for Mariota" callers into WIP between now and then.

Is it even a bad thing to trade up? Can a team accomplish anything without the right QB? There is the Dilfer example, but I don't see Chip building an all pro defense before he builds an all pro offense.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yup

Trade up get the QB Chip wants, give him 3 years with the kid and hopefully I'll see all you cats on Broad St for the parade

Comment

First and foremost there is NO WAY to get up to 1 to take Mariota. Zero possibility.

2nd: I heard a stat yesterday where something like 5 qb's drafted in first round since 2004 (I think that was the year) have a winning % as a starter. And one was Vince young. Recent history shows the first round qb's aren't worth it. Unless there's an Andrew Luck / can't miss guy you just don't trade away picks for them.

If eagles want a QB this year and are looking to trade up J Winston is the only possibility. And, he very well may be attainable and the best 1
        In this draft anyway based on his college resume and propensity to lead his team back Time and time again. I would be extremely happy if eagles landed him.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-27-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Whats Innes say?
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Not sure. He's an outsider and to be mocked incessantly!
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-27-2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X