No announcement yet.

Ugh...we just lost tom gamble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe gamble had a ton of Input into last years draft. Whoever is ultimately responsible for some of those calls should be shown the door.

Last year's draft cannot happen again. Ever.

Comment

Martin Frank of delawareonline thinks Gamble wanted to be a GM and he wasn't going to be that in Philly. Actually, this could have been boiling over the last few days. There's a quote from Chip where he talks about Gamble and says, "....some people want to take the next step and whatever Tom wants to do I will try to help him."

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        Lurie has to get Roseman out of here in my opinion. Get a guy Kelly respects and can work with.

I would take chip over Howie if I was Lurie and he is gonna have to pick a side soon by the feel of this.
        Gamble was the guy Kelly could work with. Not a very smart decision by Lurie. He picked a side. He must really love Howie.

Are they trying to force Chip out? Why else would they piss him off? He could go back to college for Harbaugh money. Weird.

Http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=.../&id=287229961
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Maybe gamble had a ton of Input into last years draft. Whoever is ultimately responsible for some of those calls should be shown the door.

Last year's draft cannot happen again. Ever.

Yeah, I know there is a tendency to love Tom Gamble as a "football guy" and think that Roseman is a sniveling nerd but we really don't know who was in charge of the awful 2014 draft.

Comment

Did Roseman really control the 2012 draft? I've read that the 2014 draft was all Chip, including Smith (I had assumed it was Howie). Either way, I have little faith in Howie.

I don't know what to think other than there are a bunch of children running this team and they won't win squat until they grow up and start making real, solid football decisions. No more Marcus Smiths. No more Jaiquan Jarretts. No more players simply bc they played at Oregon.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              Martin Frank of delawareonline thinks Gamble wanted to be a GM and he wasn't going to be that in Philly. Actually, this could have been boiling over the last few days. There's a quote from Chip where he talks about Gamble and says, "....some people want to take the next step and whatever Tom wants to do I will try to help him."
              Fan fiction. This had to be Howie vs. Chip. Gamble wouldn't have been dumb enough to go up against Roseman.

Comment

Chip made a lot of the final decisions I bet. Two Oregon guys were definitely his. If Marcus smith was and gamble 2nd's that then shit must change.

Whoever was truly in charge making final calls on 2014 picks should be locked out of the room moving forward. If chip fucked that all up then he needs to coach and let the scouts make the calls. Just hope Blowie is just ok-ing things that are determined by football guys, not business analysts like him.

I have no faith in that dick.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-31-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                  Yeah, I know there is a tendency to love Tom Gamble as a "football guy" and think that Roseman is a sniveling nerd but we really don't know who was in charge of the awful 2014 draft.
                  Either Roseman or Kelly were in charge. Gamble wasn't making final decisions.

Comment

You don't get rid of someone after one bad draft (arguably). Especially when it is "to early to judge". This was the result of a power struggle.
                    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Has anyone considered the possibility that it was Gamble who championed Marcus Smith II? If so I'm glad he was shitcanned.

We all assume that Gamble is some sort of rising star from good pedigree. Might not be the case. The Jets asked to interview Mueller, not Gamble.
                      Last edited by The Ref; 12-31-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

That's certainly a possibility, but shouldn't talent failures always fall at the feet of the GM? If not why does he have that title if he isn't responsible for who is drafted or brought in here.
                        Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                          That's certainly a possibility, but shouldn't talent failures always fall at the feet of the GM? If not why does he have that title if he isn't responsible for who is drafted or brought in here.
                          Any good manager will heed the advice of his lieutenants. Gamble was head of player personnel. I'd be more pissed off if Roseman ignored the advice of the personnel department. Somebody had to pay for MSII. Somebody did. Right person? We'll never know, but it kinda looks that way from where I sit.

Of course it's also a little possible that Gamble is the real deal and Howie felt threatened by him. I don't think Lurie operates that way.

MacLane tweets this:
                          The #Eagles' balance of power over player acquisition shifts back to Howie Roseman. Chip Kelly was given last offseason and team regressed.
                          Considering I'm not a Chump Kelly fan I'd say firing Gamble was the right move. Gamble was Kelly's guy and probably a disaster.
                          Last edited by The Ref; 12-31-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Lurie is the problem
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm getting more and more of an opinion that Lurie is a meddler who uses a patsy like Banner or Roseman to do his bidding.

A dress socks in gym class guy who won't put football people in place and get the fuck out of the way.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The first round pick is most likely a Bust, someone should definitely lose their job for that

Now if Howie is really in charge let's see how this offseason goes, they have the money to make a ton of moves, start with Mac, restructure Cole, then go nuts

If Howie can't get us a better secondary then he is not doing his job properly, he will need to go then as well

Comment

Working...
                                X