"Jeffrey sees Howie as a messiah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jeffrey sees Howie as a messiah"

Reuben Frank, generally not a shit-stirrer, checks in on the Iggles front office imbroglio.

But Lurie is fiercely loyal to Roseman, who’s risen through the organization from intern to GM and has been here since 2000. Lurie even kept Roseman over his boyhood friend, team president Joe Banner, when Roseman and Banner were locked in a power struggle a few years ago.

“Jeffrey sees Howie as a messiah,” a one-time Eagles front-office exec said Wednesday. “Howie can do no wrong in his eyes.”

All of this front-office turmoil has been bubbling over in recent weeks. That’s why I asked Lurie in the locker room after the Giants game on Sunday — in his first media availability since summer — if he senses friction between Kelly and Roseman, the two most important people in the organization.

Lurie refused to answer the question, instead calling Kelly and Roseman “valued executives” who “cross over at different points.”

Asked whether Roseman would continue as general manager in light of his relationship with Kelly, a perfectly valid question, Lurie mocked the questioner: “Is that even a question? Absolutely.”
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...-kellys-future
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

That is so comforting...

Yeah that messiah was over guys who blew a 9-3 season

Comment

Jeffrey sees Joffrey as a messiah

Comment

Ive been saying for years that Howie is Luries guy
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

This could be Kelly's wakeup call and he needs one. He needs to be held accountable for this season. That's his DC and he was brutal. Man coverage with a single high safty against Arron Rodgers for the first half. Good job Let's make Arron Rodgers beat us throwing the football. That was his game plan? The Redzone calls against SF and AZ. I cant imagine a team competing for a Super Bowl with the defense being on the field for 40 plus minutes a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            Ive been saying for years that Howie is Luries guy
            I think Lurie has disdane for so called football guys. He is not one and thinks he is smarter than them. Loves lawyers and bankers though.

Comment

He just needs someone he can control. Cant control a football guy with options...theyve had 12 jobs in 20 years. They dont give a fuck about Lurie. He needs a homegrown intern nerd to do his dirty work
              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                Reuben Frank, generally not a shit-stirrer, checks in on the Iggles front office imbroglio.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...-kellys-future
                What would Jeffrie say if Chip waled in and said " I QUIT "

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                  What would Jeffrie say if Chip waled in and said " I QUIT "
                  Sounds like a possibility.

Comment

I could see something like this pushing Kelly back to college ranks.

He is king of the castle in NCAA ball & doesn't have to deal with twits like Roseman.

Comment

This power struggle specualtion is a crock of shit

...unless you happen to know FOR CERTAIN who is the rocket surgeon behind:

1. Dumping Desean for nothing.

2. Re-signing and overpaying Riley Pooper following #1 above.

3. Bringing back 24, 26 and 29 for another season of humiliating play.

4. Not putting a foot firmly up the ass of the DC after #3 above was apparent.

5. Selecting Marcus Smiff.

6. Not playing Marcus Smiff.

Knowing the truth behind some of these Bird Brain decisions would help me know who to be pissed off at. At whom to be pissed off? At whom off to be pissed?

Comment

I'm sure Banner saw a lot of himself in Howie. That being the case, I doubt the Haberdasher groomed Howie. Roseman is Lurie's project 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                          This could be Kelly's wakeup call and he needs one. He needs to be held accountable for this season. That's his DC and he was brutal. Man coverage with a single high safty against Arron Rodgers for the first half. Good job Let's make Arron Rodgers beat us throwing the football. That was his game plan? The Redzone calls against SF and AZ. I cant imagine a team competing for a Super Bowl with the defense being on the field for 40 plus minutes a game.
                          so you wanted them to go 16-0? No NFL team wins every game

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post

If the defense stopped more of those 3rd and longs, that they led all of history allowing, they wouldn't be on the field as much, the offense would increase the frequency of scoring and the opposing defense would be gassed by the end.

Pretty much how the beat up on weak teams games went.

Its flawed logic to blame the offense entirely for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              ...unless you happen to know FOR CERTAIN who is the rocket surgeon behind:

1. Dumping Desean for nothing.

2. Re-signing and overpaying Riley Pooper following #1 above.

3. Bringing back 24, 26 and 29 for another season of humiliating play.

4. Not putting a foot firmly up the ass of the DC after #3 above was apparent.

5. Selecting Marcus Smiff.

6. Not playing Marcus Smiff.

Knowing the truth behind some of these Bird Brain decisions would help me know who to be pissed off at. At whom to be pissed off? At whom off to be pissed?
                              Well we know for a fact that Roseman is the one who believed in DeSean enough to give him a 54 million dollar contract just two years before Kelly decided he didn't fit his precious "culture" but a southern redneck racist does.

It's Kelly who backs his disastrous D Coordinator.

So there's three issues that clearly point to High School Harry being the problem.

Don't know about MSII, but we do know Kelly would have drafted Dion Jordan with the #4 overall instead of the solid Lane Johnson had he been avail. He who has been a major bust with the Dolphins. Not hard to think he wanted Smith in his stead.

Comment

Working...
                              X