Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
    Nope. Think that's stupid.

But there's a time honored tradition in sports. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. I believe in it. Those are your brothers on the field no matter what uniform they're wearing.

What is it with you people and your false equivalencies? It gets tiring.
    70% of the FSU squad left the field with shaking the hands of the Oregon players.

Maybe there were just chanting to those gracious brothers since they weren't given the opportunity to be humble earlier.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

I was there and yeah most of the team went to the locker room because they were told to leave so the trophy presentation and whatnot could be set up. Jimbo, Jameis and some other starters stayed back to shake hands with Oregon players, of course ESPN wouldn't tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        70% of the FSU squad left the field with shaking the hands of the Oregon players.

Maybe there were just chanting to those gracious brothers since they weren't given the opportunity to be humble earlier.
        I've never subscribed to using one set of bad actions to minimize another set of bad actions.

It just didn't seem too classy to me.
        Last edited by udontknowme; 01-02-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
          That's pretty weak. If I were an Oregon fan I'd be embarassed.
          If a fan of any team needs to refrain from getting on their high horse, it's an FSU fan.

As for embarrassed, this chant is an easy way for FSU fans to deflect criticism from the fact that FSU worked with police to hinder the investigation into the Winston.

You know what really should be embarrassing for fans, a federal investigation into a university.

Further evidence that FSU fans are known to be a classy bunch.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2010/2/5...-04-10-greivis

--
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
            That you also suscribe to the "everyone gets a trophy" theory in little league, too.

Nothing like make an unnecessary jump to conclusion. These were young men that are old enough to know right from wrong and making fun of any rape allegation is not only poor judgement but also minimizes victims of rape.

Comment

I agree about the Oregon players. No need for that. I understand getting caught up in the moment, but that is distasteful. Worse still, it distracts from a great win.

And not for nothing, I can't imagine the accuser enjoys seeing the incident trivialized this way.

Pretty stupid.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
              X