Eating crow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating crow

So why did Gamble get fired? The beat writers apparently got this way wrong.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

That's the risk of printing conjecture/gossip pieces...

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    ...lack of facts.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I'm happy Chip isn't going anywhere. Hopefully whoever he hires will be trusted/competent enough so Kelly isn't distracted from coaching.

It'll be interesting if/when this whole saga gets broken down. At least now we know who is clearly in charge of personnel and therefore who is to blame or praise.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

So why did Gamble get fired?
        Howie overplayed his hand. I think Chip's comment about "salary cap guy" really pissed him off. But he recovered nicely. Got a raise and defused the situation. Most like he'll be with the Eagles long than Kelly. He sees the long game.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

But if you read (as in present tense) the whole quote that what Kelly said about him, it really wasn't a slap in Roseman's face. Kelly said that 9and I'm paraphrasing) that he himself didn't want to get involved in the whole contract business and figuring out how much certain players would cost and how much to give them for bonuses, etc. He said that Roseman did a great job in that respect and that's what he was trained to do.

Comment

All that Howie heard was "salary cap guy".
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
            X