Jeffrey folded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffrey folded.

Looks like Chip gave him an ultimatum and his common sense kicked in. No way he could back Roseman over Kelly.

Shame about Gamble getting fkkked over. But I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

Kudos to Chip for calling Howie's all-in. Wouldnt be surprised to see Roseman moving to the Jets soon.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Ray Diddy disagrees ... he doesn't think Howie lost any power ... in fact, he sees it as Howie running the show.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If you consider being in charge of

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Ray Diddy disagrees ... he doesn't think Howie lost any power ... in fact, he sees it as Howie running the show.
      Medical and equipment staff "running the show" then i fully agree with Ray.

Comment

Howie's first order of business is changing practice pants from polyester to cotton.

Comment

Wrong ... Head of Football Operations means he runs the football operations.

Diddy says basically if you think Kelly is heading the search for a new talent evaluator? Well, Howie just fired the guy he wanted.

That look like equipment to you does it?

Comment

Could be. Lurie's statement appears to back Kelly but they are playing a game above my skills.

My guess is that Lurie decided to give Kelly enough rope to either succeed or hang himself. If Chip blows it, Howie's back in charge. If not, Lurie finally gets the brass ring. Win win.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Roseman's idea. He's a sneaky little shit.

Comment

Direct from PRAVDA

Wrong ... Head of Football Operations means he runs the football operations.

Diddy says basically if you think Kelly is heading the search for a new talent evaluator? Well, Howie just fired the guy he wanted.

That look like equipment to you does it?

"Howie Roseman will be elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations and will continue directing contract negotiations, salary cap management and NFL strategic matters, while overseeing the team’s medical staff, equipment staff and more."

I equate "more" with evaluating the vending machines in the staff lounge than "more" meaning approving anything Chip desires to improve the team. DId it ever cross Ray's mind that Chip didn't view Gamble as the ideal choice and maybe Gamble had reached his expiration date, even in Chip's eyes?
              Last edited by Pete; 01-02-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Uh huh ... and you think all that shit before medical staff etc is not impacting personnel decisions?

And what exactly are NFL strategic matters?

Comment

Not as much as actually picking the players

Uh huh ... and you think all that shit before medical staff etc is not impacting personnel decisions?

And what exactly are NFL strategic matters?
                  pro and college.

And as for NFL strategic matters, I look at that as shit like stadium upgrades, better wi-fi, domestic violence prevention, rule changes (replay?) etc. No kidding.

Comment

Reid had personnel control also but he had to contend with the money man.

I'm glad Kelly gets to pick the groceries, as Parcells said back in the day, but I'm not completely sold that Howlo is a bitch who counts toilet paper rolls for the Linc.

Comment

Agreed

Reid had personnel control also but he had to contend with the money man.

I'm glad Kelly gets to pick the groceries, as Parcells said back in the day, but I'm not completely sold that Howlo is a bitch who counts toilet paper rolls for the Linc.
                      but I think ultimately Howie leaves for a better job...if someone offers him one (unlikely). I think he kind of painted himself in a corner with this power move and it backfired to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        but I think ultimately Howie leaves for a better job...if someone offers him one (unlikely). I think he kind of painted himself in a corner with this power move and it backfired to some extent.
                        I agree. J-E-T-S!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X