I'm no Howie Hummer, but it sure feels as if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no Howie Hummer, but it sure feels as if

...Howie is a scapegoat for string of personnel cluster fucks. He certainly may have had a hand in many of them, but I'm not sure cutting DJax, overestimating Riley Pooper, missing on Marcus Smith, bringing back Fletcher and Williams, re-signing Nate Allen, Barkley, etc. should be blamed solely on him. But they will. Just watch.

Now Lurie can move forward with the "new and improved" Eagles personnel team under Chip. I just wonder if it's time to meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    Last edited by Prowler; 01-02-2015, 10:37 PM.

He was the GM, Prowldawg

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
    ...Howie is a scapegoat for string of personnel cluster fucks. He certainly may have had a hand in many of them, but I'm not sure cutting DJax, overestimating Riley Pooper, missing on Marcus Smith, bringing back Fletcher and Williams, re-signing Nate Allen, Barkley, etc. should be blamed solely on him. But they will. Just watch.

Now Lurie can move forward with the "new and improved" Eagles personnel team under Chip. I just wonder if it's time to meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    He should take the hit.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Yes, but Chip was the big fish, the Chosen One

I've got to believe Chip made the majority of these calls. You think it was Howie and not Chip who decided to cut Jackson? Really?

Comment

What does cutting Jackson have to do with anything?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It's a personnel decision as much as a draft pick

nm

Comment

It had a big money component.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Well, Kelly himself said he wanted bigger WRs, and sure they missed Jackson's speed this past season, but also if you went over Jackson's last 6 games as an Eagle, he went over 50 yards once in those games and that was against the Vikings. If Keenan Lewis hadn't given himself a concussion trying to put a big hit on Jackson in the Saints game, Jackson would have been shut out. And he wanted Cooper to be a big red zone target.

But if you read all the rumors this year--about how Roseman allegedly soured on Nick Foles and Kelly coming out and supporting Foles and then Maclin going to Kelly after it emerged the Eagles were trying to trade for Vincent Jackson and Kelly essentially saying he had final say on who was on the roster. So now the ball is in Kelly and his coaching staff's court.

Fletcher and Williams were going to come back because of cap hits. And Nate Allen was a late re-signing after they couldn't find anyone better. I think they wanted Buchanon but the Cards took him with the No.20 overall.
              Last edited by bobbyuk; 01-02-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X