Mucus Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mucus Smith

I want to know who is responsible. That is the alpha and omega.

DB
    DB

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    I want to know who is responsible. That is the alpha and omega.

DB
    Best post of the day.

Comment

Smith has nothing to do with this. The GM and Coach can't dump the first round pick on Gamble.

And after only one season, who the hell knows anyway? Did anybody get fired for Clowney yet?
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Injury v. Incompetence

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Smith has nothing to do with this. The GM and Coach can't dump the first round pick on Gamble.

And after only one season, who the hell knows anyway? Did anybody get fired for Clowney yet?
        Clowney had all kinds of red flags coming out of USC. But someone had to take a chance on him. Mucus, on the other hand, was a third rounder. He didn't see the field for much more than a cup of coffee.

He was the Reach de Tutti Reaches. I want to know who is responsible.

DB
        DB

Comment

[QUOTE=Dim Bulb;1793608]I want to know who is responsible.
          /QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Who really cares? First rounders bust out all the time.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
            Clowney had all kinds of red flags coming out of USC. But someone had to take a chance on him. Mucus, on the other hand, was a third rounder. He didn't see the field for much more than a cup of coffee.

He was the Reach de Tutti Reaches. I want to know who is responsible.

DB
            http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=DE

Projected here as a HIGH 2nd rounder -- if that was a correct projection on him then he would have been gone when the Eagles drafted in round 2.

The kid has skills - suggest wait a year or two more before you declare him a bust.

Cant wait for next season - they get that d backfield fixed - this team is a contender. Amazing how people here that were projecting 11-6 before - the O line becomes screwed with injuries then the starting qb goes down and they still finish 10 - 6 and genius on here here is calling for a qb. --- Amazing
            Last edited by iowaigglefan; 01-03-2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
              http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=DE

Projected here as a HIGH 2nd rounder -- if that was a correct projection on him then he would have been gone when the Eagles drafted in round 2.
              Actually they rated him #61.

The kid has skills - suggest wait a year or two more before you declare him a bust.
              Yes, but maybe raw athleticism and an NFL body would be a better description. I can understand that someone learning a new position might be slow to develop, but how can such an athletic LB not earn a spot on special teams?! A guy with his physical gifts is not likely to be a complete bust, but I fear he'll never be better than than Nate Allen. ( I'm not a Nate Allen hater )

Cant wait for next season - they get that d backfield fixed ...
              Highly sought after FA's tend to sign first. If I'm a highly regarded FA CB would I want to come to Philly where the CBs are left on island with little S help and where there was so little pass rush towards the end of the season? Furthermore, maybe the best pass rusher is a FA and Cole could be eliminated due to cost. Would I wait for that to settle out? The front office shuffle is also a ? for FAs.

I would not be surprised if all of next year's secondary is currently on the team.

I suspect they are building for the future, not trying to make a desperate push for the S Bowl next year with lots of FA acquisitions. I tended to think that way before Chip was put in charge of personnel. Now I'm even more confident that Chip wants to assemble "his guys."

I wonder if Oregon's performance with "chip's guys" had anything to do with Laurie's decision.

Amazing how people here that were projecting 11-6 before - the O line becomes screwed with injuries then the starting qb goes down and they still finish 10 - 6 and genius on here here is calling for a qb. --- Amazing
              Well said.

Assuming this year's setbacks due to injury were not much more than the league average, I'm not so sure they'll be much better next year.

Comment

Was Roesman responsible for the Watkins and Graham picks?

Not sure but they moved up the draft board to get Graham when they had Dawkins replacement sitting there for the pickings. Marcus Smith is irrelevant to the big picture imo.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                  Not sure but they moved up the draft board to get Graham when they had Dawkins replacement sitting there for the pickings. Marcus Smith is irrelevant to the big picture imo.
                  he was the gm at the time. thats why he will never geta job outside the organization other than as a cap manager. if he spent as much time learning how to scout as he did deflecting blame for poor drafts under his commission he might have turned into a decent personnel guy. but he isnt a personnel guy.

chips arrogance is why desean is not on the eagles but howies incompetance is why desean is on a division rivals roster and the eagles dont have shit to show for his departure. i mean hell, deal him to jokeland for a 2017 7th rounder. but allowing him to sign with a division rival is indefensible
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    he was the gm at the time. thats why he will never geta job outside the organization other than as a cap manager. if he spent as much time learning how to scout as he did deflecting blame for poor drafts under his commission he might have turned into a decent personnel guy. but he isnt a personnel guy.

chips arrogance is why desean is not on the eagles but howies incompetance is why desean is on a division rivals roster and the eagles dont have shit to show for his departure. i mean hell, deal him to jokeland for a 2017 7th rounder. but allowing him to sign with a division rival is indefensible
                    I totally agree. The sad part about Djack is he was the one that pretty much eliminated the Eagles playoff chaces a few weeks ago.

Comment

Not that I'm a Howie Huffer but explain exactly how you'd get anyone to take the contract he had.

You familiar with what the terms were there?
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                      X