Chip's longevity....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip's longevity....

Let me start by saying I’m new to the board and I like what I've read so far. Great topics and great debate (arguing). I like when things get lively!!!

I attended my first Eagles game almost 40 years ago and have been a fan ever since! My family and I owned season tickets until 2002 when we relocated to Phlorida.

This little walk down memory lane is only so that you’ll understand I am an Eagles fan. I’m not a fan of the players, coaches or front office. I could care less about any of them. I understand it is business to them but it’s not business to the fans of the team. I (we) deserve a Super Bowl championship!

The Dallas Cowboys are 5 - 3 (V, VI, X, XII, XIII, XXVII, XXVIII, XXX)… the New York Giants are 4 - 1 (XXI, XXV, XXXV, XLII, XLVI) & the Washington Redskins are 3 - 2 (VII, XVII, XVIII, XXII, XXVI). We’re 0 - 2 (XV, XXXIX)!!!!! That’s unacceptable!

Sitting here during the playoffs watching other teams play is ridiculous. The Eagles were 9-3 going into December only to come out at 10-6. I didn't expect the playoffs last year so maybe 10-6 this year is okay. When I look at the division I believe we are losing ground.

Let me state the obvious… Super Bowls are won with great quarterback play and through the draft….. NOT gimmicks. While I like Chip Kelly’s system the league WILL figure it out. They've already started and will shut it (slow it) down. I relate Kelly’s offense to Buddy’s 4-6 defense. Eventually the league catches up!

Here’s my problem…. I do not believe the Kelly will stay long term. He will be a god if he returns to the college ranks – think Jim Harbaugh. Now I know Harbaugh went back to coach his alma mater but there’s more to it then the Maze & Blue. He gets to call all the shots. No front office… No dealing with an aggressive media… No salary cap…. It’s his way or the highway… PERIOD! He earns the same money with none of the headaches.

There are headaches… they’re just different. He can cut the problem children and plug in a new stud recruit or just make the problem disappear. Anyone who thinks Kelly won’t do the same thing to us is just naive.

IMO the only way Chips sticks is if he gets Marcus Mariota and the only way that happens is if we trade the farm to get him (think Hershel to Minnesota). How did that work out for Minnesota? How about Dallas? Mariota enables Chip to run “his” system at the highest level. If Chip leaves, we have a team (and QB) designed for “his” system - now what? Look… if we win the Super Bowl I won’t care but if the league catches up Chip is gone and we are in an unenviable position.

So my question is do we build around Chip? Do we take the chance that he can deliver the Lombardi Trophy before he heads off to greener pastures? Make no mistake… he will! We’re already headed down the Chip Kelly Highway… the question is should we stay on course? I’ve been thinking long and hard about this and I am starting to think the answer is no.

We have some very nice pieces on offense and the start to a good front 7 on defense. To land Mariota, we would need to surrender our draft(s) and live (or die) in free agency. That would be a huge issue if Kelly leaves (which I believe he will). Very limited draft options and cap issues is not how I want to see this team.

Kelly paired with Mariota would be great to see but what if it was in Tampa and not in Philly? What could we get for Kelly from Tampa? Now stop rolling your eyes and think about it. Tampa has already done this once and it worked out for them. Why not ask. Being a capitalist I believe in Buy low and Sell high. Kelly’s stock is High and paired with Mariota makes him a must buy!

If only we had a GM savvy enough to pull it off!!!

TL;DR

SU;SP

Comment

This should go over well

Nm

Comment

The last thing I'll ever be accused of is being naive

I, and the majority of posters on this bored believe that Chip Kelly will lead the Iggles to the promised land.

If you wish to come here and align yourself with the world's number 1 dipshit, that's cetainly your perogative.

Ps......who's Marcus Mariota?

Pps.....would you rate Joe Flacco as some kind of all time QB? I don't but he sure has done well for himself.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

shut up dimmie/diggle/cc/la ref

nm
          Last edited by Riccardo; 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM.
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I think it's drama queen. Definitely a fag.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Phuck off.
              ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Suck my longevity
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I disagree totally. Here are the differences in the theories you've put out there--

1. Harbaugh went back to college because Jed York sided with Trent Baalke in their power struggle and Harbaugh wanted to be paid based on his accomplishments--3 straight NFC Championship game appearances and a SB appearance in his first 3 years. The 49ers didn't want to pay him. Plain and simple.

Lurie sided with Kelly in his power struggle with Howie. Did you actually read the media reports when they were pursuing Kelly in 2013? A lot of the front runners for the job were told by people around the league not to take the Eagles job because of Roseman. Kelly made no financial demands. When they gave Reid the power in his second year, they gave him a pay raise--they didn't do that with Kelly.

2. The league will catch up with Kelly's system. Catch up? Dude, teams are COPYING it. Why do you think the Dolphins poached Lazor and made him their OC? Why do you think Shurmur impressed in his interview with the Raiders and is being interviewed by Buffalo despite his poor record in Cleveland? Teams are running MORE spread formations in a quick tempo game, mixing in elements of the pro game.

3. You must not have heard him when he said that he didn't need a mobile QB to play his offense. He proved it with Foles. He's won games with Foles and with Sanchez. I disagree personally with all the media guys who have said they didn't get to the playoffs because of poor QB play--they missed the playoffs because their defense was shit all during December. They lead the league in turnovers and STILL had a 9-3 record going into December, Except for the 14 point game against the Seahawks, they stilll scored enough points to win games against Dallas and Washington--but it was the defense who gave those games away.

3. He personally has said there is no challenge in coaching in college. He has said numerous times that he wants to win a SB in the NFL. He's not Nick Saban, or Steve Spurrier, or Bobby Petrino, who ran at the first sign of adversity.

I think your crystal ball is a bit off.

Comment

Too long.

Didn't read it.

Now stop posting.

Comment

I appreciate the parenthesed aside (clarification (unecessary?)) as much as the next tl;dr poster but 6+ in one post (introduction) is pushing it he don't you think (it is)?
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Great post!

Comment

While I would love a QB who would be a better fit for Chip's typical attack I think we'd be out of our minds not to address the secondary first and foremost. I'm not willing to give up key draft picks for a QB when our secondary sucks balls. If we were even decent at CB(in particular) we would've thumped the Cuntboys both times and we wouldn't be subjected to the Cowboy's dick-slurping right now.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X