American Sniper...reviews???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Sniper...reviews???

Anybody caught this film yet??? Whatcha think?
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Saw it Friday night. Really, really solid. Bradley Cooper deserves high praise. Really well-written and an excellent depiction of the emotional impact of war.

Comment

Saw it earlier today

Sold out since Friday but a good flick...Cooper deserves third straight Oscar nomination. Girl who played his wife also very good. Wonder who he likes in the draft?

Comment

Chick flick under the guise of an action movie?
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          I kinda got that feeling. I haven't read the book but from what I understand Chris kyle was much more enthusiastic about killing than what Cooper portrayed.

Comment

Can't wait to catch it , guy had a 160 confirmed kills, rumors say 250 infukinsane.

Comment

Not that I'm trying to disrespect this guy, but the story they should be doing is Carlos Hathcock.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Both are correct

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                I kinda got that feeling. I haven't read the book but from what I understand Chris kyle was much more enthusiastic about killing than what Cooper portrayed.
                The movie is as good as it is controversial. That being said, Cooper is fantastic.

Comment

Inherent Vice looks more entertaining.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

PT Anderson is a hell of a filmmaker, def wanna check out Inherent Vice.

My girlfriend's dad was in the Air Force and is now in the Air National Guard, and he and I are planning on seeing Sniper soon.

He's heading back overseas next year so I'm surprised he wants to see a movie depicting this war, but, I'll gladly go with him.

Comment

A good but not great movie. I personally think it's a tad overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        Inherent Vice looks more entertaining.
                        Stylistically and technically, it's fantastic. Characters leave something to be desired, and it feels slow and meandering as a result. All in all, not as much fun as it should have been. But my expectations were sky high, so I'm sure my opinion will change after multiple viewings.

Comment

Just got back an hour or so ago. I thought it was a very good film. The wife enjoyed it as well.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

In the Movie the guy spends a lot of his time calling his wife when he's getting shot at in Iraq but not so much when he's home with her in San Diego. I've never been shot at but If someone were shooting at me I wouldn't be talking about engagement rings from Zales.

The guy who killed Chris Kyle is suffering from PTSD, he told his sister he killed two men for a truck.
                            Last edited by Dolomite; 01-20-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

It was his personality

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                              In the Movie the guy spends a lot of his time calling his wife when he's getting shot at in Iraq but not so much when he's home with her in San Diego. I've never been shot at but If someone were shooting at me I wouldn't be talking about engagement rings from Zales.

The guy who killed Chris Kyle is suffering from PTSD, he told his sister he killed two men for a truck.
                              There is a guilt that u have when your team mates die and u live. Talk about wedding rings was just convo to have temporary normalcy.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X