X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, because Mark Eckel writes it in

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...egon_quar.html

Free Agency will be telling. Although, If they get and start Mariota in '15, does that reset expectations?
    one of his remedial articles that makes it true. Just Eckel throwing shit at the wall to try and be relevant. Guys a hack.
    You think its a joke!?!

Comment

I do believe

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      2001 Mitchell - BUST
      2002 Sheppard - OK
      2003 McDougle - BUST
      2004 Andrews - JAGOFF
      2005 Patterson - meh
      2006 Bunkley - JAGOFF
      2007 None - Klob 2d Round #36
      2008 None - Laws 2d Round #47
      2009 Maclin - Hit
      2010 Graham - CHUMP
      2011 Watkins - JAGOFF
      2012 Cox - Hit
      2013 L. Johnson - OK
      2014 M. Smith - CHUMP
      That Graham has redeemed himself to at least "meh" status. I'd actually put him at OK.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I give him chump because it took more than three seasons to even get on the field with any regularity. That's a player who was picked earlier than he should have been. Three years of little to no production from a first round pick is Chump Street.
        Last edited by RSE; 01-20-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The Eagles would have to give up a ton of picks and maybe some blue chip players to move up to 1 or 2. Those types of trades typically don't work out for the teams who give up the picks.

I think this is just a crazy rumor and I pray it is. Because if the Eagles were to make a Washington type deal with Tampa they are courting disaster. If they make that type of trade lets start talking Urban Meyer or whoever the next head coach is going to be. That secondary is a bad as they get and they're not fixing it through free agency alone or with 4th round picks. If it was an easy fix it wouldn't be as bad as it is. That secondary has been bad for a long time now. A trade like that helped the Cowboys win three Super Bowls.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it".

The Great Trade Robbery.

http://grantland.com/features/30-for...trade-robbery/
          Last edited by Dolomite; 01-20-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...egon_quar.html

Free Agency will be telling. Although, If they get and start Mariota in '15, does that reset expectations?
            I don't think it will happen and don't think it should happen.

The only way I think it will happen is if they trade up to #1 or #2 and players such as Nick Foles and B Boykin are traded as part of the deal. Otherwise they'd have to give up too much for a current playoff contender.

If Foles is traded, presumably some type of sign n trade, I assume Sanchez is resigned for a year to be the starter at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Eckel had good sources (probably Modrak or one of his assistants) a century ago. Not anymore.

Problem with this team is not QB. If the secondary had only been average, we would have made the playoffs. Keep Foles and draft secondary starters.
              ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Can't really argue there

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                I give him chump because it took more than three seasons to even get on the field with any regularity. That's a player who was picked earlier than he should have been. Three years of little to no production from a first round pick is Chump Street.
                He's come around, but it did take him a long time to do it.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                X