To me the big problem with this cheating sh*t is whether

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me the big problem with this cheating sh*t is whether

the NFL would treat some cheating teams differently than others. I suspect this is the case.

I wonder what would happen if say, Buffalo was suspect of cheating? I imagine there would probably be calls to sanction them heavily and to move the team to another city where they could build a new stadium that had anti-cheating technology in place.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

What really bugs me is the possible complicity of an official or other NFL employee in the whole affair. A cheating franchise is one thing. Involvement of the people overseeing the franchise is a different matter entirely.

Comment

Maybe, or you could look at it the other way. Maybe the Bills would get a slap on the wrist. The reason this is a big story isn't because this incident is the most grievous violation, but because the Patriots have established a culture of cheating. We know they cheated while they were winning Super Bowls, and now they are obviously still cheating. Did it ever even stop in the interim? The whole franchise is tainted with the stench of corruption.

Another thing too, is that maybe deflating the footballs meant nothing against the Colts last weekend, but, as someone was saying on the radio this week, the line between winning and losing in the NFL can be very thin. How much did it play a role in their three SB victories, all of which they won by 3 points? How has it played a role in any number of games since then?

Goodell will figure out a way to bury this just like he did Spygate (remember how he handled that??). Nothing to see here. This Super Bowl is now Wrestlemania XLIX.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-23-2015, 01:32 PM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Concur

The seahawks led the league in Adderall suspensions
        Pete "The Cheat" Carroll takes on Beli-Cheat in the Super Bowl

The two biggest cheaters on the biggest stage, congrats Roger.

All that effort to "protect the shield" and this is what you get:
        The players all have their socks properly pulled up while Roger has his pants pulled down...meanwhile the league's integrity swirls down the drain.

NFLFU

Comment

Working...
        X