• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies shake up

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-ph...till-president

Bill Giles from Chairman to "Chairman emeritus"

David Montgomery from President to Chairman

Pat Gillick from Interim President to President

At least Gillick can watch RAJ...that's something, right?

While other teams are placing dorkametricians

into the upper echelons of their clubs, the Phillies stick with old guard.

I guess we'll see how that works out.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

It was apparent Gillick was calling shots after the Rollins and Byrd trades (which the Phillies did well with). He'll hire his GM after this year (probably Frank Wren) and then he'll step back.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        It was apparent Gillick was calling shots after the Rollins and Byrd trades (which the Phillies did well with). He'll hire his GM after this year (probably Frank Wren) and then he'll step back.
        Yep, this is what I was hoping/thinking... Hopefully the healing has begun. I won't feel good about it until RAJ is gone though.

Comment

Yeah I hear you, but as long as Gillick has final say on all trades this year I don't even care that RAJ is here. They're going to be the worst team in baseball regardless, the GM job will be more enticing to a good candidate next offseason (1st pick, more payroll flexibility, ect).

Comment

They might become the first team to ever be no hit more than twice in one season. It's going to be rough.

However, most of the top prospects will start or make their way to Reading this year (knock on wood) so I'm excited to get out there and see these guys more in person.

If they can get this farm system slightly respectable, it's not that horrible of a job to step in to as Roth said.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              However, most of the top prospects will start or make their way to Reading this year (knock on wood) so I'm excited to get out there and see these guys more in person.
              Agreed, will be spending more time at FirstEnergy this year than CBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                They might become the first team to ever be no hit more than twice in one season. It's going to be rough.

If they can get this farm system slightly respectable, it's not that horrible of a job to step in to as Roth said.
                Honestly...if gillick is in charge...ill deal with the growing pains. Hes a hall of fame gm...he just knows baseball. It will be hard to watch but ill still watch them when I can (being in pitt now ill have to get the mlb network)
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                X