WTF is up Eldrick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is up Eldrick?

8 over thru 12 today ... 10 over for the tournament.

Continued alarmingly bad short game.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Originally posted by slag View Post
    8 over thru 12 today ... 10 over for the tournament.

Continued alarmingly bad short game.
    He's sucked since he took a 5 iron to the head.

Comment

Not quite ... he won five tournaments and was PGA Player of the Year a year ago.

This shit is fucking crazy.

Comment

I keep waiting for him to come out after an offseason and just be lights out. It hasn't really happened yet, which is surprising to me.

Maybe he just doesn't have the drive to work as hard as he used to? Can't really claim that short game stuff is physical, right?
        The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

Tooth is bothering him.

Comment

According to my brother, Rocco Mediate said last night on Golf Channel that his short game issues are not mental, but I'm not buying it.

He's looked like a weekend hacker around some of the greens.

And I am not using that term loosely.

He did not look like a pro ... much less the best short game player in the world, which he used to be.

Anyone who's played can probably relate to setting up on a shot and having less than full confidence in where it's going, and that's what he looks like to me.

And that's mental ... although a physical adjustment is likely what needs to be done.
            Last edited by slag; 01-30-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I forgot the Waste Management was on

Heard at lunch that yesterday on the 16th he backed off from the t twice and got booed. then he got on the green, his putt came up 4 ft short and the boos rained down again - bwaa! I gotta get to that tourney soon
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yeah I agree at that level it has to be mental

esp short game. God knows I choke the chicken enough around the green
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  God knows I choke the chicken enough around the green
                  And the bedroom!
                  The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

He shot an 82 ... says his chip swing is different and the bottom of the impact zone is different and he needs to get it right.

Said it's mental to the extent that the physical issue regarding the bottom of the swing makes him doubt the shot.
                    Last edited by slag; 01-30-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Not quite ... he won five tournaments and was PGA Player of the Year a year ago.

This shit is fucking crazy.
                      He's probably not juicing anymore and his game is suffering as his body falls apart.

Comment

This (at least in part).
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yup.. Mental

I've had what I call the chipping yips for a year. Throw 5 shots away every time out. Pisses me off.

Related...The ladies are in town this week. I'll be in for the final rd tomorrow. I see Cheyenne squeaked in at the cut.

Comment

Women's US Open is in Lancaster this year. Already sold out. We're moving to Lancaster 2 months before the tourney. My boss lives on the 10th fairway. Should be fun.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                              He's sucked since he took a 5 iron to the head.
                              That's exactly it. When she chased him out of the house and into the SUV with the mashie niblick, it changed him from invincible both in his eyes and his competitions'. He hasn't been the same since. He's had some tourneys where the old Tiger emerges but it doesn't last. He's gone from "nobody can beat me" to " I hope I make the cut". I hope he figures it out. Just more fun to watch when he's on the leaderboard on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X