"Marcus Smith has a build of a High School athlete"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Marcus Smith has a build of a High School athlete"

...quote from Tra Thomas. Outstanding. I'll never forgive this move.

Reid's first round pick, Dee Ford, was shit last year too.

You can take the FF out of Philly's war room but you can't take the Philly war room out of FF and vice versa.

Truly amazing some of the B, J,& Cs that have come from people connected to this organization.

Comment

I want to know who made the call and lobbied for this kid. I really really do.

I have a feeling Kelly told Howie what he needed and Howie said Marcus was the right guy and they went with it.

That had to be part of the reason for these recent developments, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        Reid's first round pick, Dee Ford, was shit last year too.

You can take the FF out of Philly's war room but you can't take the Philly war room out of FF and vice versa.

Truly amazing some of the B, J,& Cs that have come from people connected to this organization.
        Ford looked like Lawrence Taylor compared to Mucus Smiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

I have a feeling Kelly told Howie what he needed and Howie said Marcus was the right guy and they went with it.

I think there's an excellent chance this is what happened.

That story made the rounds that Howie talked Kelly into waiting until the 2nd for Matthews, and it paid off. But would any of us complained about Matthews there? And if they hadn't needed to take Matthews in the 2nd, who could they have taken instead?

Smith might end up coming into his own and being a real asset. But if Howie pushed him hard, that could definitely have something to do with the shakeup.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
            That story made the rounds that Howie talked Kelly into waiting until the 2nd for Matthews, and it paid off.
            If Howie was pushing to wait on Matthews, he probably had someone else in mind who he felt good about that he thought wouldn't last until the 2nd round.

The fact that Kelly wanted Matthews probably means he wasn't as high on Smith, and I'm sure Kelly's evaluation didn't conflict with his buddy Tom Gamble.

I think we've found the culprit.

Comment

When will you all learn

You never hear or know the whole story behind any particular draft. You can speculate but thats about it.

Smith has serious skills - lets see what happens with a year of NFL training and coaching up at one position.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                You never hear or know the whole story behind any particular draft. You can speculate but thats about it.

Smith has serious skills - lets see what happens with a year of NFL training and coaching up at one position.

If by "serious skills", you mean appearning in only 8 games and recording ZERO tackles, I agree with you.

Comment

I think he meant that Smith was the best rookie on the team at getting doughnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    If by "serious skills", you mean appearning in only 8 games and recording ZERO tackles, I agree with you.
                    Maybe computer hacking skills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsiiIa6bs9I

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                      ...quote from Tra Thomas.
                      "Marcus Smith has a build of a High School athlete"

Outstanding. I'll never forgive this move.
                      But it does give hope that he will one day develop in to a contributor, hopefully before he becomes a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

I wonder if Gamble had a input in it is why he was fired.

Comment

Working...
                        X