• Show
Clear All

• Saturday night Live 40th aniv. show is

REALLY SPECIAL HOPE EVERYONE IS CATCHING IT

INSTEAD OF NBA BOREFEST

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
    REALLY SPECIAL HOPE EVERYONE IS CATCHING IT

INSTEAD OF NBA BOREFEST
    SNL is an instution and the tribute show is good. It's amazing they got so many people with big egos together for a program like this.

Would like to see Ackroyd and Murphy together, but it may not happen because "Trading Places" was not related to the show.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I wanted to see Chevy Chase and Bill Murray together on stage improvising. Their only scene together on film was the famous Caddyshack "playing through" scene.
      Last edited by chad steele; 02-15-2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chad steele View Post
        I wanted to see Chevy Chase and Bill Murray together on stage improvising. Their only scene together on film was the famous Caddyshack "playing through" scene.
        The word is that because of a fight between Chase and Murray when Chase came back to host SNL they didn't get along. While fiming Caddyshack, they originally didn't have a scene together so Ramis got together with them to put one in.

Here's one story of how they didn't get along. (also apparently Chase pisses off everyone)

http://gawker.com/5899097/hes-not-ch...rific-behavior

---
        Who He Pissed Off: Bill Murray
        How: According to Chevy, John Belushi had spent a lot of time poisoning the cast against him — in particular Bill Murray, who was more or less his replacement on the show. Bill apparently confronted Chevy about something (possibly the "Weekend Update" situation), the two traded barbs (Murray told Chase to go home and fuck his wife; Chase told Murray his face looked like something Neil Armstrong had landed on), and the confrontation turned physical. Chase's account of the fight in Live from New York is hilarious, both for being so self-serving and for his insistence that he — an upper-middle- class fourteenth-generation New Yorker — had "grown up on the edge of East Harlem" and "been in a lot of fistfights." "It wasn't as if I was simply some guy who had never seen the other side of the tracks," Chase, who went to Dalton and the Stockbridge school, said. "I had."
        ---

I haven't watched the special yet - did they do a scene together?
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

on sunday night??

stupid
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

It truly sucked balls

I got sucked into watching, hoping to see some of the early greats.

It had some small moments, but overall it was extremely sub-par. They spent too much time trying to shill their current crop which were terrible.

Letting Paul McCartney sing was cruel.

In the end, just another NBC fail. Brian Williams should have hosted.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
              I got sucked into watching, hoping to see some of the early greats.

It had some small moments, but overall it was extremely sub-par. They spent too much time trying to shill their current crop which were terrible.

Letting Paul McCartney sing was cruel.

In the end, just another NBC fail. Brian Williams should have hosted.
              Overall I enjoyed it.

I agree that Paul didn't sound too good on "Maybe I'm Amazed" but on the other hand it was obvious he was performing live. I have to give him credit for playing a surprise show the day before at Irving Plaza. At least a few hundred non guest list people got to see him perform a 26 song set for $40

http://gothamist.com/2015/02/15/vide...ances_star.php
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Overall I enjoyed it.
                Same here. No way they were going to make everyone happy.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Was that Chevy Chase or Kelly Green? Holy shit.
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    Same here. No way they were going to make everyone happy.

Me too. I thought it was more important to be nostalgic than funny. I thought most of the segments were well put together. The Californians seemed like a bad miss though. I fast forwarded all the musical performances.

Comment

I will take "Whore Ads" for 200 Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X