I admit I rushed to judgement on the Duke lacrosse case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I admit I rushed to judgement on the Duke lacrosse case

turns out they were scumbags, but not gang rapists.

The Nate Allen thing is pretty bad. I know cops have to err on the side of protecting the kid, but why did it have to go public when it did? If whomever released details of the allegations had just waited until they were substantiated, --or as it turns out, discredited--it would have saved a lot of grief. Also, Nate's accuser didn't do any favors to actual victims of the type of crime alleged.
    Last edited by Irish George; 02-18-2015, 12:23 AM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    turns out they were scumbags, but not gang rapists.

The Nate Allen thing is pretty bad. I know cops have to err on the side of protecting the kid, but why did it have to go public when it did? If whomever released details of the allegations had just waited until they were substantiated, --or as it turns out, discredited--it would have saved a lot of grief. Also, Nate's accuser didn't do any favors to actual victims of the type of crime alleged.
    There sure are a lot of women lying about sexual activities when the media narrative is women never lie about these things and calling them into question means you just hate women.

Comment

Isn't that par for just about all big media stories any more, just print the sensationalized headlines and worry about if they were true or not later?

Comment

Now you're talking!

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
        Isn't that par for just about all big media stories any more, just print the sensationalized headlines and worry about if they were true or not later?
        The Ponzi Scheme of Outrage!

The Dancing Bear is featured today.
        DB

Comment

who released the information?

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          Yes...there will always be a media outlet to run with it...that's not my point.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
          X