Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEMPLE V. SMU PREVIEW ( Public Service Announcement)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEMPLE V. SMU PREVIEW ( Public Service Announcement)

Its cold and miserable out, why not settle in for some AAC Conference Basketball.

When: Thursday, 7 p.m.

Where: Moody Coliseum, Dallas, Texas.

TV/Radio: ESPN2/WPHT 1210-AM.

American Athletic Conference

Records: Temple (19-7, 10-3 ); SMU (21-5, 12-2).

Coaches: Temple, Fran Dunphy (9th season, 186-104); SMU, Larry Brown (3d season, 63-32).

Last time out: Temple won at home against East Carolina, 66-53 on Saturday. SMU beat Connecticut, 73-55 at home on Saturday.

Last meeting between the two teams: SMU won, 60-55 on Jan. 14 at Temple, overcoming a 13-point deficit early in the second half. Temple leads the series, 3-2.

Temple's top three: Will Cummings (13.7 ppg., 4.3 rpg., 4.1 apg.), Jaylen Bond (8.2 ppg., 8.3 rpg.), Jesse Morgan (12.8 ppg., 3.3 rpg.).

SMU's top three: Nic Moore (14.4 ppg., 5.4 apg.), Yanick Moreira (11.7 ppg., 6.9 rpg.), Markus Kennedy (11.1 ppg., 5.9 rpg.).

Notes: Kennedy, who began his college career at Villanova, came off the bench to score 21 points and hit 9 of 11 from the field in the earlier SMU win over Temple. . . . The Owls have won seven in a row while SMU has won 11 of 12. . . . Temple's defense, which allowed 78.1 ppg last season, is holding opponents to just 60.0 so far this year. That improvement of 18.1 ppg currently ranks in a tie for first among all Division I teams this season.

you forgot the line

Temple is a 7 pt underdog.

If I have to pick a side here, I'm going Temple.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Incoming

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      Temple is a 7 pt underdog.

If I have to pick a side here, I'm going Temple.
      Check PM
      DB

Comment

bwah!!

I love that pic
        May 7, 2010

Comment

TU did not need to win this one, just play competitively. They seem to have done that except at the end.

The next one would be a nice road win for them but probably not necessary if they take care of business the remainder of the regular season.

Comment

shut up

you have less than zero credibility. CSN Philly is anti-Catholic? Take a hike
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
            X