Well, Temple played only 20 minutes of offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Temple played only 20 minutes of offense

and earned the deserved ire of the Great Bob Knight...and still should have beaten SMU. Basically gave it away in the second half with catatonic halfcourt offense, missed free throws and horrible shot selection.

They didn't deserve to win. Some horrible home cookin calls as well but that is to be expected and overcome.

They need to come back strong over Tulsa.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Knight mentioned how everyone was standing around on offense every time Temple had the ball, because, well, they were.

Really inept second half play paired with Nic Moore hitting everything he shot and the ball always bouncing SMU's way.

Like you said, on to Tulsa.

Side note: Did you hear The General yelling at the SMU fans around him to sit down so he could see the game? Now THAT was funny.

Comment

that was TREMENDOUS

"Either take my seat or move!" bwahhahahahahaa
      May 7, 2010

Comment

by the way, the turning point for me

was that travel call on Bond on that sweet baseline shot that would have put them up, 11, I think...and I thought he was fouled. But like I said you cant let that stop you from playing...it was all downhill from there
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Does that mean they are out of march gayness?

nm
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

not at all

right now they are clearly in. They can take themselves out with a losing streak, though.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

What about TurD-bag's beloved villachoke-a

nm
              Last edited by Riccardo; 02-20-2015, 12:20 AM.
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Temple will not challenge in the tourney till Dunphy leaves

He flat out sucks at recruiting. Mainly I think because he rarely gives freshman any playing time.

As long as he is coach Temple might make tourney but never have a shot to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  nm
                  24-2 and playing well. Glad you asked.

Comment

how many times have you seen them play this year

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                    He flat out sucks at recruiting. Mainly I think because he rarely gives freshman any playing time.

As long as he is coach Temple might make tourney but never have a shot to win.
                    youre clueless
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Iowa knows little about everything and a lot about nothing.

Obi, their only freshman, plays 18 minutes a game and has started at times. If the Brunson thing didn't fall through, they would have had one of the best recruiting classes in the nation next year.

Edit to add: Temple plays D, rebounds well, shoots a lot of 3s and has a dynamic senior PG. If they get on a hot shooting streak, that's THE recipe for surprise tourny runs. If they shoot/play O like last night, they're a one and done.
                      Last edited by Sect 236; 02-20-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                        Iowa knows little about everything and a lot about nothing.

Obi, their only freshman, plays 18 minutes a game and has started at times. If the Brunson thing didn't fall through, they would have had one of the best recruiting classes in the nation next year.

Edit to add: Temple plays D, rebounds well, shoots a lot of 3s and has a dynamic senior PG. If they get on a hot shooting streak, that's THE recipe for surprise tourny runs. If they shoot/play O like last night, they're a one and done.
                        Ok Sect 236 what odds would you give me on Temple assuming they are in the tourney make it to the elite 8

Comment

Working...
                        X