Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you guys crying about MCW even watched last night's game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you guys crying about MCW even watched last night's game?

OK...you want another topic, Diggs?

Here is why MCW had to go. He was fun to watch, played hard but he was one of the worst shooters in the league outside the paint. If you take away dunks and layups he is a 25 percent shooter. Additionally, the guy gets into streaks where he turns the ball over at the worst possible times. And thirdly, he is not a great defender.

Franchise point guards in the NBA can all knock down their shots when left open. They do not turn the ball over. They can dee up when needed.

McDaniel probably bugs me more than MCW. That guy was a player...not great but good and one of the few guys on the roster fun to watch.

NOW...that said, I still think Hinkie is clueless and really doesn't have a plan.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

MCW wasn't one of the worst shooters in the league, he was THE worst. Statistically, nobody made a lower percentage of their jumpshots than MCW. I think McDaniels was like third worst at the time of the trade.

KJ would be a nice guy to keep around and see if he can develop a shot, but the deal he was on made him a prime candidate for Hinkie moving him to maximize value.

Comment

yeah..just pitiful

I knew he was down there but didn't realize he was at the very bottom. One funny thing is he is now being coached by the one guy who will probably be an HOF point guard who also couldn't shoot, Jason Kidd.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Kidd is 5th all-time for 3-pt made. That always surprises me when I hear it, because he never shot it particularly well. I guess that's what playing 20+ seasons will do for you.

Comment

Boehiem Is having none of it...

I have no idea what they’re doing,” Boeheim said of the tanking 76ers, according to Syracuse.com. “It’s hard to know what they’re doing down there. It’s hard to figure that out.”

He added: “They have to feel that [Carter-Williams] is not the answer for them. I’m sure that’s what their thought process is. I guess, more or less, they just gave up on him being a point guard for their team. … Unless you have a top three or four draft pick, there aren’t that many players who can help your team right away. That’s really the problem in the NBA.”

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised that Boeheim is defending him.

There are at least 20 PGs in the NBA that are better than MCW. There's only 30 teams. To me, that math doesn't add up to being heartbroken you traded the guy for a potential top 6 pick. He's not even in the top 20 of his position and you might get a legitimate franchise changer for him.

MCW is a good player, he does a bunch of stuff well, but he was never going to be a star PG or a guy that compliments the high/low pass and shoot offense that Brown will want to run once Embiid is banging in the paint. They picked him 11th because it was a good value pick. He won the ROY in a bad rookie class and on a bad team that helped inflate his numbers. MCW was never really a huge part of the Sixers plans, it's only because of the situation he was thrust into that fans ever thought he should be.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 02-26-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Only decent point guard Boeheim ever had at the next level was Sherman Douglas - including Pearl Washington - and that was only because Douglas was class before he got to Syracuse and wouldn't let Boeheim piss, moan, and whine the class out of him. Nothing Boeheim did.

Comment

But Jason Kidd was an extraordinary ball handler and play maker.
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

one of the best

passers and playmakers, no doubt.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

When MCW missed time, Covington and Noel played better with a couple of D Leaguers setting them up.

Hinkie is either legit, or the luckiest GM there is. I feel like he has been finding some nice players in the cheapest ways possible. Though I'll admit, the bar is pretty low right now.

I think McDaniel was a poor man's Andre Iguodala. Meh.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I think he is a nice role player but...

...from what I have read its more of a business decision with Covington than a basketball decision. He will be hitting the open market and will probably get more than what the sixers would have offered.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                        OK...you want another topic, Diggs?

Here is why MCW had to go. He was fun to watch, played hard but he was one of the worst shooters in the league outside the paint. If you take away dunks and layups he is a 25 percent shooter. Additionally, the guy gets into streaks where he turns the ball over at the worst possible times. And thirdly, he is not a great defender.

Franchise point guards in the NBA can all knock down their shots when left open. They do not turn the ball over. They can dee up when needed.

McDaniel probably bugs me more than MCW. That guy was a player...not great but good and one of the few guys on the roster fun to watch.

NOW...that said, I still think Hinkie is clueless and really doesn't have a plan.
                        I was a little irritated to see them trade MCW because I was interested to see how he'd develop and they'd made him the team's face (albeit the face when it was ugly). I think people were making too big a deal of the "losing mentality" danger of tanking, but I do think there is now a danger of players feeling like they can't trust the organization.

What you say about his deficiencies is totally correct (and I'll add that I didn't even think he was that good a finisher at the rim when contested). And now they look discombobulated on defense because they used to switch on everything but can't anymore. But that's a minor point.

Comment

That's how my old man explained it to me, too. I don't mind it because I'm a big Grant fan and want him getting all the minutes be can.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            ...from what I have read its more of a business decision with Covington than a basketball decision. He will be hitting the open market and will probably get more than what the sixers would have offered.
                            You mean McDaniels, right? Covington has a 4-year deal. McDaniels has that weird one-year thing.

McDaniels will be a RFA but they must have thought he wasn't a long-term piece and flipped him for another PG they liked in Canaan.

Comment

fried brain syndrome

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                              You mean McDaniels, right? Covington has a 4-year deal. McDaniels has that weird one-year thing.

McDaniels will be a RFA but they must have thought he wasn't a long-term piece and flipped him for another PG they liked in Canaan.
                              yup, senior moment. McDaniels hits the open market. Did not mean to type covington.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X