Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles are releasing Herremans

Welcome to the Eagles Ali Marpet
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
    Welcome to the Eagles Ali Marpet
    Was expected not worth 5.2 million

Marpet seems like a great kid.
    Last edited by iowaigglefan; 02-26-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Ut-oh. We know the serious problems Foles has behind a less than stellar O-line.

Bring on a mobile QB!
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Looks like that will save them $2.8 million. I always liked the guy. A real work horse that doesn't complain. Maybe they can work something out...and if nothing else, I wish him well in Kansas City.

Comment

Right move.

Love the idea. OL priority. I'm thinking they have a couple of ideas... Iupati and/or the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            Right move.

Love the idea. OL priority. I'm thinking they have a couple of ideas... Iupati and/or the draft.
            I'm thinking they have a sense that they can sign a free agent. If they just flat-out thought he was done, and they wanted to go with Tobin or Barbre, they would have released him when they cut Casey.

I think they got a sense from an agent at the combine that they can sign an upgrade through free agency. Hence the timing.

Comment

According to Walter Football, these are the free agent guards ranked higher than Herremans. The top 3 are all 4+ years younger and good run blockers. If they sign any of those, I'm a happy man.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015G.php

Orlando Franklin, G/OT, Broncos. Age: 27.
              Orlando Franklin's transition from right tackle to left guard was a successful one; though he was heavily penalized, he surrendered just one sack and blasted open huge running lanes for C.J. Anderson. Franklin's versatility will help him on the open market.

Mike Iupati, G, 49ers. Age: 28.
              Mike Iupati has never been great in pass protection, but he has been one of the league's top run-blockers over the past several seasons.

Clint Boling, G, Bengals. Age: 26.
              Clint Boling showed no signs of the torn ACL he sustained last year. He had a strong 2014 campaign, especially as a run-blocker, blasting open huge holes for Jeremy Hill.

Richie Incognito, G, Dolphins. Age: 32.
              Signed with Bills

Lost in all of Bullygate was that Richie Incognito was a pretty solid guard. Skilled at both pass protection and run blocking, Incognito was actually having a quality season before getting kicked off the team. He'll be 32 in the summer, but as long as he stops pretending like he's a member of Cobra Kai, he can be a quality starter for some team.

James Carpenter, G, Seahawks. Age: 26.
              James Carpenter has always had problems with conditioning and injuries throughout his career. He played well early in 2014, but had some issues toward the end because of an ankle issue.

Rob Sims, G, Lions. Age: 31.
              Rob Sims struggled for most of the season, though he was better down the stretch. Still, the Lions will probably want to upgrade him.

Comment

Hasn't he played every position on the O Line except center? That versatility will cost extra $. However at his age does he have the quickness to be a backup OT?

Comment

Great eagle. Iron man. Great career here no doubt about it.

He played hurt all last year. Hope he's got one more contract elsewhere left in him but don't see him getting anything but 1 year offers that are masked as a 2 year cap friendly deal.

Comment

Average eagle. Tin man. Great career here yes doubt about it.
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Ut-oh. We know the serious problems Foles has behind a less than stellar O-line.

Bring on a mobile QB!

I just sat here and tried to not lose it - with you its impossible. I first thought you might just lack understanding of the game of football.

I typed a reply to this. Deleted it. Not going to change your mind because it is obviously not based on fact just emotion.

Comment

Everyone knows Foles problem was the offensive line.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                        X