Houseman basically just admitted Marcus smith was Howie's screw up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houseman basically just admitted Marcus smith was Howie's screw up

In this live Philly sports debate panel thing they do annually.

Boom!
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-26-2015, 01:57 PM.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    In this live Philly sports debate panel thing they do annually.

Boom!
    What did he say? I missed it.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

The Marcus smith pick was like the third question. Couple guys went and then cataldi threw the Q to houseman. He was going back and forth a little but with somebody about the decision and I think Ike Reese was slamming it asking how could eagles reach there for smith when not one team or source elsewhere had him ranked that high. Spadaro ended with, and I'm paraphrasing a little bit, "these changes (Howie removed as GM and Ed M put in) were made after last years draft. Roseman ran last yesr's draft.

Roseman ran last yesr's draft was his ending shot that got a bireaction

Angelo and crowd were all saying "OOOOOOHH!"

I'm sure cataldi will talk about it on his show soon. Goes back to what I initially thought: Kelly and David said the needed a 3-4 end or speed rusher and Howie said smith was the best guy to take there.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-26-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Makes sense. Kelly spent the whole year basically saying that Smith stunk. Roseman, on the other hand, when asked on his "radio show" said he needed time to develop, etc.

Garbage pick.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Lot of good players we could have used went right after the smith pick.

Corner
          Safety
          Wide receiver

Imagine a maclin/K Benjamin/Matthews trifecta last season at WR?
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-26-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I honestly don't understand..

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            The Marcus smith pick was like the third question. Couple guys went and then cataldi threw the Q to houseman. He was going back and forth a little but with somebody about the decision and I think Ike Reese was slamming it asking how could eagles reach there for smith when not one team or source elsewhere had him ranked that high. Spadaro ended with, and I'm paraphrasing a little bit, "these changes (Howie removed as GM and Ed M put in) were made after last years draft. Roseman ran last yesr's draft.

Roseman ran last yesr's draft was his ending shot that got a bireaction

Angelo and crowd were all saying "OOOOOOHH!"

I'm sure cataldi will talk about it on his show soon. Goes back to what I initially thought: Kelly and David said the needed a 3-4 end or speed rusher and Howie said smith was the best guy to take there.

How on earth Houseman has kept his job for so long with the Eagles. It really speaks of a decaying enterprise, where people keep their jobs despite making dumbass mistakes like posting cut lists and admitting stuff like this. They keep their jobs just because the managers are comfortable with them, regardless of their skills or performance. This only ends one way:

DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
              How on earth Houseman has kept his job for so long with the Eagles. It really speaks of a decaying enterprise, where people keep their jobs despite making dumbass mistakes like posting cut lists and admitting stuff like this. They keep their jobs just because the managers are comfortable with them, regardless of their skills or performance. This only ends one way:

Didn't realize the Eagles front office was a "union shop"?

Comment

If you think the unions ruined Bethlehem Steel all alone

you didn't watch management make hapless decision after hapless decision in the late sixties and early 70s.
                DB

Comment

you didn't watch management make hapless decision after hapless decision in the late sixties and early 70s.

Definitely wasn't "all alone" had a lot of help from tariff's not being increased against third world slave labor products, and yes, management had a hand in it.

But between the "one man-one job" mantra, and the retirement pensions/perks, the handwriting was on the wall.

BTW, my FIL worked there.

Comment

Everyone I knew worked there

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                    Definitely wasn't "all alone" had a lot of help from tariff's not being increased against third world slave labor products, and yes, management had a hand in it.

But between the "one man-one job" mantra, and the retirement pensions/perks, the handwriting was on the wall.

BTW, my FIL worked there.
                    And management group think got them where they ended up. They kept investing in outmoded technologies and had a capital overhang from the fifties that they kept building on. They were running open hearth and O2 lanced when the industry was moving to BOF. Then they moved to BOF and cold rolled and mini mills ate their lunch. Unions and perks were really window dressing.
                    DB

Comment

And management group think got them where they ended up. They kept investing in outmoded technologies and had a capital overhang from the fifties that they kept building on. They were running open hearth and O2 lanced when the industry was moving to BOF. Then they moved to BOF and cold rolled and mini mills ate their lunch. Unions and perks were really window dressing.

He was in one of the maintenance dept. and it used to piss him off to no end when he was working on something and would ask a guy that was just standing there to hand him something or hold something for a second and the standard response was, "Not My Job"

Comment

Perhaps he was tasked to make that statement to get the fans firmly behind whatever hair-brained HSH moves that Kelly makes this off-season.
                        Last edited by TerpEagle; 02-26-2015, 04:34 PM.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

How on earth Houseman has kept his job for so long with the Eagles.
                          By knowing which way the wind blows - as this comment shows.

Sparano is like a cockroach. He'll outlast them all.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Uh, they wouldn't have taken Matthews in the second if they took Benjamin in the first.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

They could have taken Mucus Smith in the second if they took Kelvin in the first, nobody else was drafting him before then.

Comment

Working...
                              X