Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The gamble on Nick Files didn't pay off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting and very detailed look at Foles 2013 production here. Apparently quite a bit of Kelly schemery and luck were involved.

Http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ind-qb-in-2015
    Last edited by Maniac; 02-27-2015, 01:29 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Interesting and very detailed look at Foles 2013 production here. Apparently quite a bit of Kelly schemery and luck were involved.

Http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ind-qb-in-2015
      not disputing that....but philly mag quoted pro foot ball focus about interceptable balls and they came up with 6 actual passes that could have been intercepted by the other team in 2013...seems like a far cry from what the guy from the bleacher report states.

and didn't foles lead the league in downfield passes in 2013? like 20% of his passes were over 20 yards....not even yards after the catch...but actually attempted...and I think he completely around 46% or so of them..which put him around the top 10.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        not disputing that....but philly mag quoted pro foot ball focus about interceptable balls and they came up with 6 actual passes that could have been intercepted by the other team in 2013...seems like a far cry from what the guy from the bleacher report states.

and didn't foles lead the league in downfield passes in 2013? like 20% of his passes were over 20 yards....not even yards after the catch...but actually attempted...and I think he completely around 46% or so of them..which put him around the top 10.
        The stats in that article are from Football Outsiders. "Football analytics" can be awfully subjective. They're fun for debates but I don't really trust them.

Bottom line to me is that there is a significant possibility Foles is only average or gets hurt ... and the Eagles have no other functional quarterback. They have to use an early draft choice and should probably sign a veteran too. Cut Barkley.

Comment

I agree with you that they should get a quarterback early... just in case or to develop.

Foles could be nothing more than andy dalton...I don't know that though. I think he has talent but it may just be a square peg in a round hole.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

CBS Sports rates the Eagles in the middle of the pack.
            The gamble ? what is this idiot talking about. What fucking gamble

Simply amazing what morons like you will lap up..

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
              I agree with you that they should get a quarterback early... just in case or to develop.

Foles could be nothing more than andy dalton...I don't know that though. I think he has talent but it may just be a square peg in a round hole.
              I think drafting a QB is necessary. I just think there are to many glaring needs to trade up to replace a maybe. If we get closer to 2013 foles than 2014 foles we are good( other the backup). When you look at secondary we need immediate upgrades at multiple positions.

Comment

They have to draft a quality QB propect but if the Eagles trade the ranch for Mariota, I will be stunned. Never know with Chip though. It's clear he doesn't believe in Foles.

Comment

They have to draft a quality QB propect but if the Eagles trade the ranch for Mariota, I will be stunned. Never know with Chip though. It's clear he doesn't believe in Foles.
                  How is it clear Chip doesn't believe in Foles?

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                    How is it clear Chip doesn't believe in Foles?
                    They haven't resigned him.

Comment

They haven't resigned him.
                      Oh then this is easy. After this season sign Andrew luck. It's obvious the colts don't have faith in him as they haven't signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                        Oh then this is easy. After this season sign Andrew luck. It's obvious the colts don't have faith in him as they haven't signed him.
                        Or Russell Wilson if you want a mobile QB. Seahawks obviously don't have faith in him.

Comment

Luck has two years left on contract. Wilson is in negotiations and will be signed soon.

Want to put any money on Foles getting a new contract this off-season? Do you even have a link saying the Eagles want to resign him?

Comment

If the Colts are not interested in signing Andrew fucking Luck to a contract extension 2 years out because it's giving away money, why would the Eagles do that with Foles now?

Your premise ignores business ... which is what the NFL is all about.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Luck has two years left on contract. Wilson is in negotiations and will be signed soon.

Want to put any money on Foles getting a new contract this off-season? Do you even have a link saying the Eagles want to resign him?
                              According to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapo...s/andrew-luck/ luck is a UFA in 2016.
                              absence of evidence is not evidence of absense. Chip has played things close to his vest since he has been here. He may very well not have faith in foles but he has neither said or done anything to be able to state that as fact.

Comment

Colts have option on Luck for 2016.

Http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-...sion/22312791/

Comment

Working...
                                X