Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kempski becoming "more and more convinced" Eagles going for Mariota

I love this stuff!

Every day, with little things I hear, evidence continues to build that the Eagles are going to make a strong play for Marcus Mariota. To note, this is something I had previously thought to be unrealistic, so as bits of information have trickled in, they've been absorbed on my end with skepticism. But it appears the Eagles are determined to get their guy.
    If the Eagles believe they can get a deal done for Mariota, it is going to cost them a boatload of draft picks, both this year and in the future. They're going to have to offset the loss of those picks with young players in free agency, which is going to be costly, but necessary... The Eagles have the cap space to make whatever moves they need to make.
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-wa...s-free-agency/
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Why do you love the talk of trading a boatload of picks for a probable bust?

Comment

Dude, I'm Not Saying They're Two Peas In A Pod...

...but I remember another quarterback who had excellent college stats but was said to have a weak arm and too many flaws to make it big in the NFL. A team took a chance on him anyway and he went on to have a pretty fair career.

Kid named Montana.

Since then I prefer to wait and see who's right, so if Mariota turns into the guy who can take this team to a Super Bowl victory, you and the rest of his detractors will be too drunk from celebrating to remember that you doubted him.

If you're right and he turns out to be a bust, at least Chip was bold enough to try. I've waited 54 years to see another title -- what's one more?
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
        ...but I remember another quarterback who had excellent college stats but was said to have a weak arm and too many flaws to make it big in the NFL. A team took a chance on him anyway and he went on to have a pretty fair career.

Kid named Montana.

Since then I prefer to wait and see who's right, so if Mariota turns into the guy who can take this team to a Super Bowl victory, you and the rest of his detractors will be too drunk from celebrating to remember that you doubted him.

If you're right and he turns out to be a bust, at least Chip was bold enough to try. I've waited 54 years to see another title -- what's one more?
        If they could draft mariota without trading tons of draft picks I would be fine with it. Odds are he will be a bust ( most QBs are) but that's a chance you take.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post

Kid named Montana.

Thanks Kelly Green, you reminded me I need to update my signature!
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It is interesting. Either it's got to be the biggest smoke screen of all time or there is something here.

It's the speculation season for football so I take everything with a grain of salt. Where is the Dez Bryant video?

One thing about this is suppose Tampa wants Mariotta? It is impossible to get him unless he refuses to play for them and wants to play for Kelly.

The Elway and Slack Jaw situations were different in that they refused to and / or wanted to play for specific teams. This would be different in that a player wants to play for a specific coach. If it happens, High School Harry would be bringing college recruiting techniques to the NFL. I don't think McMahon would take kindly to this but he may give HSH a one time pass for the sheer entertainment value.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Or, in other words, would it be impolite to point out that

Montana was drafted at the end of the 3rd round.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Good Point

Yes, it is possible to get a world beater without trading away a huge number of prime draft picks, but I have to admit I'm curious to see what would happen if the Eagles' quarterback knew the system as well as the head coach.

I just hope they don't have to make a Mike McCormick-esque deal to get him.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Mariota is not coming here.

Comment

Says the guy who had a shit hemorrage when the Eagles drafted McNabb.

Comment

There comes a price where even a brady or manning wouldn't be worth it. What's the point of having a franchise qb if you don't have the picks to build a team around him for years to come?

Comment

Originally posted by ex-press View Post
                        There comes a price where even a brady or manning wouldn't be worth it. What's the point of having a franchise qb if you don't have the picks to build a team around him for years to come?
                        How many useful players do the Eagles get from the average draft? I'd gIve up a draft class for a franchise QB. Plus they have plenty of cap space.

Chip wants his quarterback!

Comment

You think Mariotta is a franchise quarterback who's worthy of giving up a draft class?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            You think Mariotta is a franchise quarterback who's worthy of giving up a draft class?
                            Dunno. That's Chip's job. I do think the Eagles could afford to give up a draft for a franchise QB.

Frankly, the Barkley pick does not give me confidence in Chip's judgement. But nobody gets them all right.

Comment

The Eagles can afford to give up a draft to see if "Dunno" is a franchise qb?

ok

Comment

Working...
                              X