F this weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F this weather.

I know it is winter and I expect it to be cold but this has been extreme. Statistically last Feb was the coldest month in NYC in 80 years. In Ithaca and Buffalo it was the coldest February on record!

At least in NYC we do not have a lot of snow... just a lot of black ice. Not sure what is worse.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I have been flying to Toronto on Sunday nights all winter, and I have had more cancelled flights in the past two months than I've had my entire life. Again cancelled tonight - getting ridiculous.

Comment

Yep...it blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        Yep...it blows.
        Truth is we are hearty guys. This weather sucks but we would be there for a game if the Eagles were playing today.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Double F this fucking weather ... particularly when you have to shovel snow with one arm (fucked up my left wrist).
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

yep I'm about done

One more to go. Spain would be a good choice too
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Its like a skating rink outside, just turrible

My dog Max is getting old,,still have to let him out to go...he can't keep his feet,,just goes poof right to the ground, works his way to the snow.

This is a real Ice storm,,they blow,,much worse than snow..U can drive in snow.

I always remembered Feb as being a month for single digit weather, for weeks it stayed in the teens. Seems through the years we have forgotten what winters were like when we were kids.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Truth is we are hearty guys. This weather sucks but we would be there for a game if the Eagles were playing today.
                True. My son and I hit up an outdoor beer fest this weekend. Dressing for tailgaytes really trains one for days like that.

Comment

Much easier winter than last year

...at least where I am. Last year we had a terrible December and it just went downhill from there. This year we really didn't have any severe weather until about three weeks ago...and as you said, negligible snow. That said, I'm still going to escape to Florida in a couple weeks. Deff ready for spring. Daylight savings time usually makes it a tad better, too, at least psychologically.
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

You got that right IE

I'm outside 6 days of the week, this shit is getting old. Perhaps I would like it more if I could stay inside more.

Eventually I'm going to head south or back west.
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

My thoughts exactly, went over to deerspines last week when the high up here was about 10. He told me how much winter is killing him and I said if the birds were playing today we would both be in the lot happy as shit.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Define Easier

Here in the Burbs we've had a ton of ice -- we still have thick patches in our drive that ice melt/salt won't touch and it's been far too cold for Mother Nature to handle it.

There's only one saving grace, and even my wife, who drives 60 miles round trip every day to work, has to admit this.

It ain't Boston.
                        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Average temperature in Buffalo in February was 10.9 degrees. The coldest month in 145 years of record keeping.

Comment

Avg. temps in February of 9.0 in Syracuse, 10.2 in Ithaca, and 12.2 in Binghamton (all record cold months) and Rochester (record cold February).
                            Last edited by RSE; 03-02-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

we had like 18 snow storms last year,,this year 4...cold is cold,,when you live up north after about a month U get use to it.
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X