X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Nova gets a #1 Seed

This place will be hilarious.
    DB

Yes, but it will be more raucous if Nova doesn't make it to the Final 4.

I just don't like teams that don't have an NBA 1st round pick on their roster. Furthermore I don't like teams that are winning in large part due to their depth as Nova has. That just does not work as well in the tournament.

I like such teams that are also high seeds to avoid big upsets in the first weekend. Since they don't rely on just one or two players, a bad day from just one or two starters won't necessarily keep a team like Nova from winning.

Joe L says there is an unusually big fall off from the #2 seed and #3 seeds. If Nova gets the #1 seed it should improve their chances of taking out a #4 seed in the Elite 8.

However, some of the possible 3 and 4 seeds have had really tough schedules and have coaches with lots of deep runs in the tournament, for example Louisville and Kansas, maybe N. Carolina. Two of them have SoS in the Top 10.

I don't like their chances to make the Final 4.

Comment

But Like a tree falling in the woods,

... will anyone notice if no other Big 5 teams even make the dance?

Comment

Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer.
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
          T DuPont Bag
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

arent you the guy who was blathering...

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
            about expectations? Now you're happy to be in the tournament? You must have been spooked at what your man-crush Jay had to say about it today.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

It will be comcast's fault

for being anti-Catholic, right J.O.Grain Alcohol?
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Nova by 37 over St Johns

I think we're playing as well as anybody in the country...I think we can beat anybody in the country.
                Jay Wright is insane for making that statement. They ran up the score against a team that was without its starting PF and a senior guard. Although a healthy St Johns is RPI #34, the team that played today would not be a NCAA tournament team.

Nova has not even played any of the teams in the RPI top 15. Earlier in the season they got their butts kicked at RPI#21 Georgetown. A few weeks ago they barely escaped with a W in the final seconds at RPI 26 Xavier. Recently they were loosing in the final minutes at RPI#127 Creighton!

Furthermore, this team wins in large part due to their excellent depth. That does not work as well in the NCAA tournament. They also don't have any big time future 1st round NBA picks who can dominate against most high-major college players. They will go against such players when they meet Top 15 teams.

The Big East has one of the best RPIs as a conference, but it only has one RPI top 15 team. Until they actually play one of the best teams in the country they'd be wise to zip their mouths. They still have much to prove.

Comment

STFU

you know nothing
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                  X