So, let's see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, let's see...

This frees a little extra for Maclin plus more cash for the defense.

Worilds, Maxwell, McCourty? Revis?

Foles and a king's ransom for Mariota?

I sort of admire Kelly's don't-give-a-fuckness.

-AE

It's something....

Are there any notable Ducks hitting FA?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
      This frees a little extra for Maclin plus more cash for the defense.

Worilds, Maxwell, McCourty? Revis?

Foles and a king's ransom for Mariota?

I sort of admire Kelly's don't-give-a-fuckness.

-AE
      The dream team approach always works well.

Comment

Mccoys contract was awful and just getting worse. At ten mill for this year and twelve for next he was nothing more than a stopgap option. Better to go with a less expensive stopgap and invest in other areas. I have to believe billy davis has called out for worlids and some other specific defensive back from this FA class.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

What dream team approach??

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          The dream team approach always works well.
          ..that would imply we are gathering players.....so far Chip has done the opposite since becoming the HC.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

this

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            Mccoys contract was awful and just getting worse. At ten mill for this year and twelve for next he was nothing more than a stopgap option. Better to go with a less expensive stopgap and invest in other areas. I have to believe billy davis has called out for worlids and some other specific defensive back from this FA class.
            is he appropriate rationale for trading McCoy. How they replace them is another matter. I said this in another thread. But what amounts to a McCoy for Alonso and Spiller trade is much more palatable. Plus, decent RBs an always be found in the draft.

Comment

The longer I think about this the more I think who is more likely to come out on the short end of a deal:

Chip Kelly or Rex Ryan?

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                ..that would imply we are gathering players.....so far Chip has done the opposite since becoming the HC.
                I'm referring to the start of this post.

Comment

You'd think, if he really did want to move up to get Mariota, he would have used McCoy to get part of that done.

Comment

This should end the ridiculous rumours of the move up to get Marriota. The Foreskins paid a kings ransom to move up to 2 from 6 to get RGKNEE. 20 to 2 or 3 ain't happening.
                    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Herremans says Chip only values QB and linemen on offense. Other than the KKKooper deal, he's showing that so far.

Http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/e...sean-and-baldy
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

There are some notable dicks.

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                        It's something....

Are there any notable Ducks hitting FA?
                        DB

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                          You'd think, if he really did want to move up to get Mariota, he would have used McCoy to get part of that done.
                          Honestly, a trade for Mariota would surprise me less now.

There are certainly coherent arguments for trading McCoy (contract, RB shelf-life, success other guys have had in spot duty, overall replaceability of RBs), which is why maybe you'd not expect a truly bad (top-5 drafting) team to want him. He probably has less value to a rebuilding franchise like the Titans or Jets.

But McCoy is a guy any NFL coach would be perfectly happy to have in the backfield and lean on the next 3 years. And by that I mean that it would've been easy for Kelly to be content with him there and build from that known quantity.

But clearly he knows what he wants this offense to look like. And that means a QB like Mariota.

Maybe I'm just talking out my ass. Maybe Kelly lovea Foles. Maybe Foles is the QB next year and Chris Polk rushes for 1500 yards. I mean, fuck if I know.

But Kelly could've easily looked at this team and figured a change or two on the defensive side and he's got a contender. Instead, he's willing to make big changes.

He has no interest in playing it safe, that's for damn sure.
                          Last edited by AnnapolisEagle; 03-03-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Kind of makes sense....

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            Herremans says Chip only values QB and linemen on offense. Other than the KKKooper deal, he's showing that so far.

Http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/e...sean-and-baldy
                            ..when you see the direction the game is going.

RB has just done about a 180 from 20 yrs ago, WR I'm a little skeptical about down grading but the avg pay per position does reflect some of Chips thinking.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I kinda like this no guts no glory approach

Let's see what the team looks like after FA and the draft before all this panicked hand-wringing
                              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                              X