everyone complains for years that lb was under-valued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone complains for years that lb was under-valued

If Alonso's healthy, I like the trade. I loved McCoy, but he's replaceable.

Cox, Thornton, Logan, Allen, Curry, Barwin, Kendricks and Alonso. You win up front, and they currently have a good amount of good to great players up front. Add another solid OLB, fix the secondary and...hmmm

Comment

The pieces are certainly coming into focus, plus a Shit ton of $. If chip can just improve the offense to be more efficient, they will be a tough team.

Comment

maybe freeing up money for cox..kendricks and others.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          Cox, Thornton, Logan, Allen, Curry, Barwin, Kendricks and Alonso. You win up front, and they currently have a good amount of good to great players up front. Add another solid OLB, fix the secondary and...hmmm
          Nice thought but this was a pure salary dump. Alonso was a throw-in Duck. Did he play last season?
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Others....is key

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            maybe freeing up money for cox..kendricks and others.
            ...I can see a big FA DB coming in now.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

He was hurt last year, he had 159 tackles and won the defensive rookie of the year award the season before that.

Edit to add: Yeah, ultimately it's a salary dump, but Alonso has the potential to be very very good. Rex looked at how Buffalo's D played last year without him and figured he could use him to bolster their O. It was a "dump" for both.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 03-03-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                Nice thought but this was a pure salary dump. Alonso was a throw-in Duck. Did he play last season?
                Out with acl last year. Acl in 2010 and hip surgery in 2012 I think.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah exactly

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  ...I can see a big FA DB coming in now.
                  Gotta be some big plays in FA
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

My buddy who's a Bills fan actually doesn't like the trade. Says Kiko (if healthy, obviously) is a stud. We'll see.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      Out with acl last year. Acl in 2010 and hip surgery in 2012 I think.
                      Hip injury was last offseason, had that injury before the knee. I wonder if favoring the knee due to the hip caused the ACL?

Also, the first ACL was in the other leg. Has torn one in both knees. Perfect fit for the Eagles haha.

Comment

He was hurt last year, he had 159 tackles and won the defensive rookie of the year award the season before that.

Edit to add: Yeah, ultimately it's a salary dump, but Alonso has the potential to be very very good. Rex looked at how Buffalo's D played last year without him and figured he could use him to bolster their O. It was a "dump" for both.
                        Alonso could be a steal but wish he wasn't from Oregon. That part of Chip's strategy hasn't really paid off.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

1. Alonso was 2nd in the NFL Defensive Rookie of the year in 2013
                          2. Because his injury was non football related he actually has 3 cheap years left on his rookie contract not 2.

Comment

Hip injury was last offseason, had that injury before the knee. I wonder if favoring the knee due to the hip caused the ACL?

Also, the first ACL was in the other leg. Has torn one in both knees. Perfect fit for the Eagles haha.
                            Joelo special...I hope it works out...but eagles history points the other way.

Comment

He won the PFWA DROTY and was second in AP DROTY so, either way, a productive season.

Comment

Working...
                              X