Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article by Hoffman

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._defense_.html

Not a bad take. If they drop Ryans, they will be something like 55 million under the cap. That kind of money could land vets like Maxwell, McCourty, and maybe even Worilds (just examples).

The freeing up of money lets Chip build the defense with better-quality free agents, and potentially leave available draft picks to package a trade for a cherry offensive player if necessary.
    Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 03-04-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Def think they are freeing up $$$

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      Not a bad take. If they drop Ryans, they will be something like 55 million under the cap. That kind of money could land vets like Maxwell, McCourty, and maybe even Worilds (just examples).

The freeing up of money lets Chip build the defense with better-quality free agents, and potentially leave available draft picks to package a trade for a cherry offensive player if necessary.
      .....to make some FA moves and resign some guys....anybody's guess who at this point.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        .....to make some FA moves and resign some guys....anybody's guess who at this point.
        I really hope Cox, Kendricks and Maclin are all happy men soon...IN Philadelphia.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see Maclin go

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          I really hope Cox, Kendricks and Maclin are all happy men soon...IN Philadelphia.
          ...given the rumors of Chips thoughts about the position, with that, I can see landing some key FA DB and Chip going after a high ranked WR with the 1st pick.

But let me finish my coffee and see If my conjecturing changes.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            ...given the rumors of Chips thoughts about the position, with that, I can see landing some key FA DB and Chip going after a high ranked WR with the 1st pick.

But let me finish my coffee and see If my conjecturing changes.
            I think Herremans is mistaken about how kelly values the wr position. The Eagles selected two WRs in the first three rounds of last years draft. That shows me they value WRs. Besides, the reports were that kelly wanted to take matthews in the first round and i couldnt see him drafting a rb that high.

People need to take a breath and see it for what it is: shady is a declining asset with an increasing sticker price. For comparison, howie got jack squat for desean who was owed less money.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              So do I, but part of me wonders if Alonso is not so much DeMeco's replacement in the short-term as Kendricks' replacement in the long-run.

Alonso is 6'3'' and Kendricks is 5'11''. As we've seen with Boykin, height is a variable that Kelly and Davis have shown to be a significant sticking-point.

Just speculation, and I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

That's how I see it

System carries the offense, talent carries the D.

Comment

Too level headed to be right

So much easier to decide he's trying to build a team with 100% oregon ducks
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Would love to Worilds in Green next season

Imagine that Linebacking Corps.
                    Last edited by TRENT; 03-04-2015, 01:56 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Or Bruce Carter or the kid from the Texans who is an extremely good pass rusher.

Comment

Working...
                      X