Oh, the Humanity!, or...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, the Humanity!, or...............

Sure, sad to see Shady go. He provided us with a lot of good stuff, but now his time has come to leave.

It's down to you either believe in Chip, which I most certainly do; or you have a choice between being a stone cold hater like Maniac or a completely brain dead, shit stirring, trolling asshole like that cute little Ref Ref.

I think I'll wait for free agency, the draft, and this coming September to see exactly what's happening.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Level of agreement: 100%

It's not like we have a choice in what transpires with this team anyway. Too many armchair GMs. What happens, happens. Relax and enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 03-04-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

Sure, sad to see Shady go. He provided us with a lot of good stuff, but now his time has come to leave.

It's down to you either believe in Chip, which I most certainly do; or you have a choice between being a stone cold hater like Maniac or a completely brain dead, shit stirring, trolling asshole like that cute little Ref Ref.

I think I'll wait for free agency, the draft, and this coming September to see exactly what's happening.
      I just want to know what they are doing. Ill just have to wait. One thing...if they wanted maclin back... they would have signed him already. So that's another position they need to fill.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

How am I a stone cold hater? I never said it was a bad deal. I said it has the potential to be a bad deal. A very bad deal. When you factor in dumping DJax for nothing last season, Kelly's legacy may end up in the crapper. Other than much improved coaching, what has he added to the team? I don't see the new talent.

I will say I am extremely skeptical of the Oregon angle. Also I don't think he is getting maximum value in these deals. Should have gotten a mid round pick for Shady in addition to Alonzo but didn't even try.

I think to some extent Kelly still has a college mindset that I'm not convinced will translate to the NFL. Gotta wonder how all these veteran salary dumps will play in the locker room.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

Yeah, this is the most important thing. We still have no idea what else is coming down the pike. There are a lot of scenarios where this trade makes them a better team.

Kelly is going big or going back to college, that's for damn sure.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            I just want to know what they are doing. Ill just have to wait. One thing...if they wanted maclin back... they would have signed him already. So that's another position they need to fill.
            Why would you pay Maclin 10M+ a season when you didn't pay McCoy or Jackson? Both are more dominant players at their positions. It would be totally inconsistent with every othrr move so far. 2015 is going to be a transition year. Bring in a kid or cheap free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post

Kelly is going big or going back to college, that's for damn sure.
              Or both. No lose situation for Kelly.

Question is will he leave behind a trophy or a shambles?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                How am I a stone cold hater? I never said it was a bad deal. I said it has the potential to be a bad deal. A very bad deal. When you factor in dumping DJax for nothing last season, Kelly's legacy may end up in the crapper. .. Also I don't think he is getting maximum value in these deals.
                wait a minute. the desean fiasco is on the previous GM. sure kelly didnt want jackson but howie was the one who failed to work a trade for the player.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Or both. No lose situation for Kelly.

Question is will he leave behind a trophy or a shambles?
                  I actually think the potential tear-down here shows his commitment to the pros. He could easily have settled for minor roster changes and another 9- to 11-win season and hope for a run in the postseason, then cash in for an extension.

If he trades the farm to get Mariota, he's sure as shit a dude with a vision for what he wants to do in the NFL.

I mean, whether it works or not is another thing completely. It's true there isn't a huge downside for him...if he flames out, he'll get whatever big-time college job he wants.

Gotta admire his stones, though.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    wait a minute. the desean fiasco is on the previous GM. sure kelly didnt want jackson but howie was the one who failed to work a trade for the player.
                    I think Kelly may have put Roseman in a bind there by making it obvious to the league they were parting ways with DJax.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                      I actually think the potential tear-down here shows his commitment to the pros.
                      More his commitment to his system. No question about his stones.

Comment

Finally a rational response

This place was nothing but chicken littles spinning in circles last night
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Here and everywhere. Crazy.

Comment

I will say I am extremely skeptical of the Oregon angle. Also I don't think he is getting maximum value in these deals. Should have gotten a mid round pick for Shady in addition to Alonzo but didn't even try.
                            Where did you read that he didn't even try?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              Where did you read that he didn't even try?
                              The same place he read that chip has no faith in foles. And the same place he read Chip made it clear to the league he was getting rid of Jackson.

Maniac is privy to the information that at one time only Patel got.

Comment

Working...
                              X