Highly doubt Maclin will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly doubt Maclin will be back

If you are clearing cap space like this, why overpay for Maclin? Also it seems like Kelly is placing a high priorty on purging the roster of players from the Reid (FF) area.

Only way I can see Maclin being back is if he offers the Eagles a substantial discount. And from all indications he has no interest in doing that. To the contrary, his public statements indicate he wants to break the bank.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    If you are clearing cap space like this, why overpay for Maclin? Also it seems like Kelly is placing a high priorty on purging the roster of players from the Reid (FF) area.
    I'm still unsure about Maclin's future. To me it appears that Maclin fits the culture that Kelly wants and he has produced in his system. There's always a price that is too high but I'm not on board with the idea that he's a good as gone or isn't valued by Kelly.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

I'm 50/50 on it

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      I'm still unsure about Maclin's future. To me it appears that Maclin fits the culture that Kelly wants and he has produced in his system. There's always a price that is too high but I'm not on board with the idea that he's a good as gone or isn't valued by Kelly.
      Receivers usually age a lot better than RBs obviously, and he is by all accounts the kind of player Kelly values. But if Kelly really is taking a step back to do a mini-rebuild, not sure he wants to pay big bucks to guy who's going to be over 30 by the time the team's ready to contend.

Having said that, I think it's just as likely the Eagles go all-in in FA and the draft, in which case Maclin fits in with the plan perfectly. I really could see it going either way.

Comment

I think they let the market decide his value, rather than throw money at him. If the rest of the league has concerns about him, he might just settle on another short term, average money deal.

Comment

Certainly appears Chip wants a clean slate

......wants all his people in, from the FO down.

I'm a wait and see on Maclin, as Susquie mentioned, let the market set the value.....will not be surprised either way.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            ......wants all his people in, from the FO down.

I'm a wait and see on Maclin, as Susquie mentioned, let the market set the value.....will not be surprised either way.
            Interesting tweet just now from Paul Domowitch

Originally posted by Paul Domowitch
            Paul Domowitch ‏@pdomo 4m4 minutes ago

A not-so-insignificant number in evaluating Jeremy Maclin: Had just 16 3rd-down catches in '14. Third on Eagles, not in top 50 in league.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

FO sledge dump.

Comment

I think he'll be there. He's been training at Novacare daily.
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I also think he stays, as long as the price is reasonable, high, but reasonable, how else could you justify what they paid Cooper?

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Only way I can see Maclin being back is if he offers the Eagles a substantial discount. And from all indications he has no interest in doing that. To the contrary, his public statements indicate he wants to break the bank.
                    I think he'll be back. Even if Herremans is right and Kelly prioritizes QB and OL above anything else, Maclin isn't going to break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                      I think he'll be back. Even if Herremans is right and Kelly prioritizes QB and OL above anything else, Maclin isn't going to break the bank.
                      Im thinking maclin wants what cobb wants....9+ a year.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Everyone he has let go so far were given big money extensions by Howie. Jackson was the first domino to fall when he started complaining about his contract after the playoff loss to the Saints and he had only signed it 2 years before; Shady said publicly that he wasn't interested in taking less money to restructure his deal; Cole, for his age and the position he plays was going to be overpaid; Herremans spent a lot of time injured the last 3 years and that includes Reid's last year in '12. I think Kelly just has a vision of what he wants this team to look like and we just have to wait and see if it bears any fruit. However, in a previous post I had said I don't think he'll trade up for Mariota--on the contrary, I think he trades back at least twice, acquiring some additional picks in later rounds and selects Hundley in the late first or early 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                        X