Temple passed Syracuse in alltime NCAA wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple passed Syracuse in alltime NCAA wins

nothing from you 'Cuse guys? Temple is now fifth winningest hoops program in the nation.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Form over substance.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I guess I'm a bit of a Cuse homer-in-law but this whole thing is strange to me. A whole bunch of borderline issues over however many years rolled into one. I'm no fan of Boeheim but I suspect they've been out to get him. Is Roy Williams going to be suspended for a year?

Also this has been going on for 8 years and you announce it right before the players' final game? Couldn't wait until Monday? Typical NCAA looking out for its student athletes!
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-08-2015, 10:00 AM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm not saying it's right but I will repeat what I posted on a similar issue previously.

Dan Jenkins ... if memory serves correctly, wrote over 30-40 years ago in one of the Semi-Tough series books about a fictional booster who was going to buy a recruit his own 7-11 to rob as an incentive to get him to play for a particular university.

There may not be criminals at every school but "jobs" for players and bent rules for academic eligibility exists at every college in this country.

OB called out rat face ... does anyone think the players on his team get into that school if they don't play basketball?

Hell, there are schools who have basketball teams that are made of of rosters that have half the players from other countries.

Point being ... "corruption" in big time college sports is one of the biggest open secrets in the country and the NCAA, as you allude, makes themselves out as the gatekeepers of virtue by nickle and diming.
        Last edited by slag; 03-08-2015, 11:25 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

IG, you see the nasty dunk by the Johnnies in the Nova game yesterday?

http://deadspin.com/this-monstrous-d...ium=socialflow

Comment

Yeah what was the deal with that? A couple players had "externships" at the YMCA and the NCAA discovered that they didn't do any real work? As my wife said, "that's called a college externship."
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              nothing from you 'Cuse guys? Temple is now fifth winningest hoops program in the nation.
              Good god... When's the last time temple has done a damn thing in march

Comment

Working...
              X