Gore and Dre Johnson to Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore and Dre Johnson to Indy

They called each other and decided to both go to Indy because they wanted to play with Luck over the Eagles QB uncertainty.

Eagles wanted both of them.

Yup...

A source close to Andre Johnson told SportsTalk790's Lance Zierlein Johnson is on his way to the Colts.

Zierlein tweeted the following Tuesday morning: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both." So now it appears the Eagles didn't only lose out on Frank Gore at the alter, but they also lost a suitable veteran replacement for Jeremy Maclin. Meanwhile, Johnson would be a great fit with Andrew Luck as a sure-handed replacement for Reggie Wayne.

Comment

I thought senior citizens in Midwest retired to Phoenix?

HMPH.

Comment

I didn't want Johnson anyway. He's ancient, pissy and he hasn't produced lately.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Colts = Dream Team 2.0

Comment

Except for the part where Luck is in his prime and the Dream Team had Vick.

Comment

Luck..

..shits the bed in big games.

Comment

Yeah, he sucks! If I was a vet on my last legs like Dre and Gore, I definitely wouldn't want play with him.

Comment

Did I say that??

He doesn't suck, and is obviously still in his prime, but has failed to win when it matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    Yeah, he sucks! If I was a vet on my last legs like Dre and Gore, I definitely wouldn't want play with him.
                    Meh. A year ago, people would've laughed at signing either of those guys. I'm not going to pretend this was some huge blow.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Neither would have made the Eagles Super Bowl contenders and losing either or both isn't the end of the season. Both could have helped, but the sky is still in place.

Comment

Colts just signed Trent Cole

Comment

They called each other and decided to both go to Indy because they wanted to play with Luck over the Eagles QB uncertainty.

Eagles wanted both of them.
                          Makes sense. Even if the Eagles weren't rumored to be getting MM, the Colts went to the AFCCG and have the best young QB in the game.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Neither would have made the Eagles Super Bowl contenders and losing either or both isn't the end of the season. Both could have helped, but the sky is still in place.
                            They're the type of players a team on the brink signs to make that final push. I would be surprised if either of them got very long contracts (or Cole for that matter).
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                              They're the type of players a team on the brink signs to make that final push. I would be surprised if either of them got very long contracts (or Cole for that matter).
                              Just curious, Grigson presided over the 1st round pick for Trent Richardson trade, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X