No announcement yet.

NFL Rumors: Teams at the top of draft prefer Sam Bradford over Marcus Mariota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Rumors: Teams at the top of draft prefer Sam Bradford over Marcus Mariota

For what it's worth...

According to Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Cole, there are some teams at the top of the 2015 NFL Draft that prefer St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford over prospects like Oregon's Marcus Mariota or Florida State's Jameis Winston.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...s_mariota.html

That is ridiculous.

Comment

Ha Ha. Wouldn't it be a pisser if this were true?

Anthony, Maniac and a host of others would have to shoot themselves.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Why? Bradford is a stud. He just tears his ACL too much.
        Last edited by BigSlizz; 03-10-2015, 07:20 PM.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Yeah.

The Philadelphia Eagles.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Yeah, the entire article was predicated on the assumption that Bradford would be cut. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              Why? Bradford is a stud. He just tears his ACL too much.
              The Eagles specialize in recovery from ACL tears.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Red blood cells and bone marrow in the smoothies.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedBird
                  Actually, that's not the case. I think you misread the article. The only passage mentioning that is...

"Bradford, who will turn 28 in November, is an interesting option for any teams looking for a quarterback. After missing all of last season with a torn ACL, the second of his career, it is possible the Rams will simply cut him and move on. His $12 million price tag is a big reason why."

This is merely stating that it is possible that the Rams would NOT cut him - the cost would be prohibitive. And that some teams might take a shot at him to save their 1st round pick.
                  i'm pretty sure that the Rams' took the same hit in trading Bradford to the Eagles that they would have taken if they cut him. If they cut him they would have saved the $12 million in salary just like they did in trading him to the Eagles.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't get it. If Bradford is our guy then FML. This is unreal. Their has to be another trade planned. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by WeflyHigh View Post
                      I don't get it. If Bradford is our guy then FML. This is unreal. Their has to be another trade planned. Right?
                      I think that's what the article is insinuating... that Bradford is a trading chip.

I think this only works if Bradford's knee is good. Otherwise it's a huge gamble.

Comment

Yes, it would be comical to get value for the Gimp.

Cross your fingers.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          Yes, it would be comical to get value for the Gimp.

Cross your fingers.
                          ... and say lots of prayers!

Comment

Working...
                          X